Radio wiring Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Radio wiring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Hall
New User
Username: daveh

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, 17 March, 2021 - 02:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have removed the faulty Blaupunct radio/cassette from my 1989 Silver Spirit and installed a brand new old stock 80's Belsin am/fm model. The wiring was going ok until I got to connecting the speakers wires. The original had a multiplug to the amplfiers.
How do you connect, as the wires inside the armoured cable are not mentioned in any wiring diagrams?

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 677
Posted on Wednesday, 17 March, 2021 - 02:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

http://rrtechnical.info/sz/sz87/tsd4701/tsd4701.html

David Hall
New User

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, 17 March, 2021 - 17:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the link to the wiring diagrams. As stated, the diagrams only shows the multi plug cable going first to a junction and splitting to each of the amplifiers. It then shows the wires from each amplfier to the speakers. I need to know how each of the wires in the multiplug cable connect to the speaker output wires on the new radio.

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 706
Posted on Wednesday, 17 March, 2021 - 19:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So has yours got amplifier in the boot?
Mike

David Hall
New User

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, 18 March, 2021 - 16:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for your reply to the post. According to the wiring diagram for models fitted with the Blaupunct SQR 05 radio/cassette, there are two amplifiers. One for the front speakers and the other for the rear ones.
I believe the new radio's speaker wires should somehow link to those in the multiplug cable, but cannot see how they relate.

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 707
Posted on Thursday, 18 March, 2021 - 18:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No speaker outputs are much higher than the supply to the amplifiers.
You need a unit with line outputs.

Mike

David Hall
New User

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, 19 March, 2021 - 05:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I believe both amplifiers are situated behind the clock and temp gauge, immediately above the radio. After gaining access to them, could the new unit's output wires be connected directly to those of the original speakers, effectively bi-passing the amplifiers?

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 678
Posted on Friday, 19 March, 2021 - 07:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does the spkr setup in your car have a woofer-midrange or separate tweeter components?
If so one of those amps may be dedicated to the lo end and the other for mid/high drivers.
If this is the case, you have to feed them line level signal, not spkr level into the amps. You can't amp an amp.
See if you have pre-outs on your new unit.

David Hall
New User

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, 30 March, 2021 - 06:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've managed to finally get to grips with the radio wiring by literally grabbing the bull by its horns and taking the dashboard off. With all the instruments left dangling on their wires, there was sufficient room behind them, to have a root around and feel for the amplfier's wiring. The first handful dragged out revealed a full set, all eight of the speaker wires. From then onwards it was a simple job of connecting up the new system and getting everything put back together.
Many thanks to all for their most helpful advice

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: