Workshop Manual Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Workshop Manual « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Hart
New User
Username: bill_hart

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, 11 July, 2015 - 03:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It is becoming obvious that I'm going to need a workshop manual for my recently acquired Turbo R 55371. Flying Spares has one on CD which is affordable, but I've had CD manuals in the past and was not impressed. Has anyone had experience with this CD? Is it any good? Is there a suggested alternative? All replies appreciated.

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Grand Master
Username: lluís

Post Number: 382
Posted on Saturday, 11 July, 2015 - 04:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,

IETIS (which must be available through ebay) is more or less OK, but no, not great...

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1491
Posted on Saturday, 11 July, 2015 - 07:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Integrated Electronic Technical Information System (IETIS) is just OK, but it's as good as it gets since it is the official documentation that was issued by Crewe.

Virtually everyone has gone this direction (and many use the same interface, too) rather than printing anything anymore.

Learning how to search IETIS and what Crewe elected to call certain parts to be able to do so was the steepest part of the learning curve for me. I still find that I need to employ "indirect searching" frequently to eventually flush out what I'm actually trying to find. It also has become abundantly clear that the indexing for IETIS does not include nearly as much of the text in various materials as I'd think it would.

Brian

Larry Halpert
Prolific User
Username: larry_halpert

Post Number: 151
Posted on Saturday, 11 July, 2015 - 08:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Information that may pertain to your Turbo R:

http://mutley.hypermart.net/RollsSubstituteParts.html

- Larry
Rolls Substitute Parts
Tbird@Consultant.com