Turbo R Wheel Alignment Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Turbo R Wheel Alignment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Hart
Experienced User
Username: bill_hart

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, 25 July, 2015 - 05:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Took Turbo R 55371 in for a wheel alignment check. Was told that camber is out of tolerance and that there is no way to adjust it. I find that hard to believe. A high end car without a camber adjustment!? Can that be true? all info appreciated.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 327
Posted on Saturday, 25 July, 2015 - 06:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Normally this is caused by sagging rubber bushes somewhere.

Look to see if the bolts through any bushes are central.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1549
Posted on Saturday, 25 July, 2015 - 06:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill,

You need to find another shop and take the attached documentation along with you. You'll also need the required parts if, as Bob has already suggested, the pivot bolt "surround" or compliance mounts have gone wonky.

application/pdfRide Height Adjustment and Caster & Camber Angle Table
TSD 6000 06-2008 - Ride Height Adjustment + Caster & Camber Angles.pdf (23.0 k)

application/pdfFirst Ride Height Figure
Figure H5-2 000678.pdf (40.9 k)

application/pdfSecond Ride Height Figure
Figure H8-2 000691.pdf (15.8 k)

application/pdfThird Ride Height Figure
Figure H8-3 000692.pdf (38.9 k)

application/pdfCaster and Camber Adjustment
TSD 6000 06-2008 Caster & Camber Angles - Adjusting.pdf (11.9 k)

application/pdfOnly Caster & Camber Figure
Figure H6-3 000686.pdf (26.5 k)

Brian

Christian S. Hansen
Experienced User
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 37
Posted on Saturday, 25 July, 2015 - 06:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My pessimist is showing here, but you have to read between the lines with human nature. Generally, "it doesn't exist" means "we don't stock that item" and "it can't be done" means "i don't know how to do it."

Bill Hart
Experienced User
Username: bill_hart

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, 25 July, 2015 - 07:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks to all for very helpful inputs. You guys are awesome. Special thanks to Brian Vogel for the documentation, with which I am confident a competent shop can make the necessary adjustments.I'll post the outcome later.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1550
Posted on Saturday, 25 July, 2015 - 09:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christian,

Agreed, and that's why my first suggestion to Bill was to "find another shop" (with the implicit proviso that it would be, as he states, "competent").

If I have a really local tire shop, Central Tire in Verona, VA, that is able to do excellent suspension/alignment work on cars from Crewe (though I have had to source some parts) there has to be the same thing near almost anyone. It seems that shops that still work on a wide array of older vehicles are better suited to working on any of ours that are earlier than the Silver Seraph or Arnage.

If it turns out that the bit that looks like a long metal spacer with the rubber bushing inside and another metal tube at the center that the pivot bolt inserts through is some commonly available part, would someone please post that part name, manufacturer, and number?

Brian