Running Turbo R engine out of car Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Running Turbo R engine out of car « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, 30 December, 2017 - 20:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi folks,
I have a 1989 Turbo R which I have purchased as a donor car. It has been completly written off in a bad rear end colision before I bought it.
The vendor I puchased this car from had already started to strip the car for spares and the wiring in the engine bay has been "pruned" ready for engine and transmission removal.

Now here is the question.
Seeing as the engine can no longer be run in the car, I intend to remove it. I need to run the engine on a test stand to verify it's condition before I fit it to another project vehicle.
The car came with all the black boxes disconnected and put in the boot. What do I need to run the engine as a standalone engine, in the way of a basic wiring rig? I believe it is fitted with Bosch Motronic control and that is what I need to wire up to test the engine.
Any help would be gratefully received! Many thanks,
David.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: