PART No UR27363 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » PART No UR27363 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Hicks
New User
Username: bentleyman22

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, 16 December, 2011 - 20:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all
Well looking for a after market damper for the rear cross member
Part No UR27363
Any help ??

Michael

Brian Vogel
Frequent User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 52
Posted on Saturday, 17 December, 2011 - 00:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Given your location you should check with Introcar, Flying Spares, and Montague & Co.

Both Introcar and Flying Spares both tend to have aftermarket equivalents for many parts. I think Montague & Co. does as well, but it's been a while since I've looked at their website.

Brian

Michael Hicks
New User

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, 17 December, 2011 - 01:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

yes I have but that want silly money and if I can find one that they are getting then I bet it will be at a better price
I phoned them when I wanted a wiper motor and they wanted both legs and a Gold Card
so i just went and got a Rover one
I don't mind which part of the world it comes from just don't like being ripped off

Brian Vogel
Frequent User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 53
Posted on Saturday, 17 December, 2011 - 03:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael,

I don't know whether this is the same as part number UR73254, and given Crewe's penchant for changing part numbers it could be, but someone else I know ordered these from Bentley Zionsville, AKA Albers for $350 US not long ago.

I, like you, am always trying to find out what the actual source of many of these parts is, as Crewe certainly doesn't/didn't make them, and buy them directly. Should you succeed in that endeavor then definitely post that information.

This may be one of those parts, like the accumulator diaphragms for RR363 cars, that seems to have no source other than Crewe Original or one of the "usual suspects" who get aftermarket versions produced.

Brian

Udo Hoffmüller
Frequent User
Username: udo

Post Number: 78
Posted on Saturday, 17 December, 2011 - 08:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Two years ago I had to change both of the crossmember dampers on my TurboRL. I bought them from Introcar, but they were original and delivered by Crewe. But the quality was horribly poor! The dampers lost oil after some weeks of use and worked so noisy and rattling that I gave them back to Introcar. I got a set of new ones from Introcar, but this time they were - and are! - of there own make, "aftermarket" but made by or for Introcar. They are perfect without any problems and cheaper than the Crewe made ones at about 100 GBP one. Hope this information is still correct.

Best regards - Udo

Larry Halpert
Prolific User
Username: larry_halpert

Post Number: 128
Posted on Saturday, 17 December, 2011 - 09:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm always updating this site for better accuracy:

http://mutley.hypermart.net/RollsSubstituteParts.html

Michael Hicks
New User

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, 17 December, 2011 - 22:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I still think there making to much money out of us
so after New year I will remove one from my car and see what I can find and then post it for you all

Peter Maclaren
Experienced User
Username: ludo

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, 18 December, 2011 - 07:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Michael, I will be very interested in the outcome of your investigations. I have one damper which has been leaking, now stopped presumably because there is nothing left to leak.Like you, I believe replacements are far too expensive for what is a simple damper. I must admit that I haven't noticed anything amiss in the ride quality so am not sure what purpose they serve. I wonder if they can be reconditioned? Looking at the UK prices of 100-140 pounds, by the time they get to NZ the cost will be prohibitive.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 403
Posted on Thursday, 23 November, 2017 - 07:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all was a suitable replacement ever found?
Cheers
Mike

Larry Halpert
Prolific User
Username: larry_halpert

Post Number: 181
Posted on Wednesday, 29 November, 2017 - 13:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yeah, I'd still like to know as well. There's lots of small shock absorbers on Alibaba, but its too difficult to make sure they are the right size based on photos alone.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: