Double/Pantograph wiper arm - wiper b... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Double/Pantograph wiper arm - wiper blade « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Larry Halpert
Prolific User
Username: larry_halpert

Post Number: 183
Posted on Sunday, 23 September, 2018 - 11:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Are there any close-up photos or specific ways to remove the wiper blade from my 1989 Silver Spur driver side (left) double wiper arm?
(Please something more specific than "just unclip it" or "just pull out the pin", where I'd have no idea how to begin).

This way I'll also know what wiper blades I can buy, so far assuming they are both supposed to be 18". (Right now on the car, the passenger side measures at 18", and the driver side actually measures 18½", so one refill will be too short).

Thanks!

Larry

Darryl Watson
Frequent User
Username: inox

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, 17 October, 2018 - 17:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Larry,
The clip on the end of bar that is that alteres the wiper blade angle is a push fit.
I use a small screw driver or spanner placed under the dome shaped clip at the end of the rod to lever it off .
The spline nut cover pulls off by pulling at an angle from the end.
I couldn't source a pattern blade so purchased one from Flying Spares.
Regards
Darryl

Larry Halpert
Prolific User
Username: larry_halpert

Post Number: 184
Posted on Thursday, 18 October, 2018 - 13:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for the response. I thought I wasn't going to get a response from this particular forum, so went to another and got immediate help. It seems the blade snaps into that plastic top piece using only the center axle on the blade. No adapters at all compared to the other side (which is a standard J-hook). It pulled right off, similar to what you said.

The plastic part that the blade snaps into on the top of the two arms is just like one of the adapters provided with the blades.

So, as long as the plastic part on top of the double arms is not broken, a standard Bosch blade with that thin center "axle" will snap right in. No need for a specialty Flying Spares blade.

Once I got it off, instead of spending on 2 new blades, I just cleaned up the ones I had which looked almost new, and bought two 19" Teflon/rubber refills with stainless steel spines off ebay for $4 each including shipping, and just finished sliding them in today. All looks new, now.

Thanks again for replying,

- Larry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: