Windshield wipers and battery light Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Windshield wipers and battery light « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, 08 June, 2017 - 00:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My 93 Turbo R's wipers quit. Now here's the odd part. When I shut the car off, the battery symbol in the dash stays on. Also I can't open the fuel door with the button, and the antenna will not go down unless I turn off the radio. Relay? Fuse? Thoughts?
Thanks
Mark

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 322
Posted on Thursday, 08 June, 2017 - 02:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark
Sounds like a relay has stuck at a guess, back feeding circuits, the fuel flap should only open when the ignition is off etc.
Try pulling some wiper relays and see what happens.
Hope that helps
Mike

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 84
Posted on Thursday, 08 June, 2017 - 23:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike, you hit the nail right on the head. Wiper relay #2 was the offending relay. Replaced it and now wipers are working and the other problems have disappeared. Thank You Sir!

Mark

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: