New headlights Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » New headlights « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 63
Posted on Saturday, 09 January, 2016 - 22:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All
Just replaced all my headlights for wipac quadoptics see pic (left new right before ,as you look at it)
Much clearer and makes anew car of it.
cheers
Mike

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 428
Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 - 01:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Michael looks great maybe a little more information on performance price and the supplier would help I would be interested in an upgrade as I think the originals on low beam are crap.

Richard.

michael vass
Frequent User

Post Number: 64
Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 - 01:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard
The lamps I fitted were wipac S4696B
see http://www.wipac-aftermarket.com/uk/acatalog/info_S4694B.html

I bought mine from here
http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/search/results.html?s=gdl003g&sb=Search

Widely available though, where are you located?

Sorry I can't give a comparrison as I'm off the road at moment ok, got to be better though my old lenses and reflectors were all oxidised ans dirty on the inside.
Hope that helps
Mike

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 429
Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 - 02:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you for the information Michael I am located in Northern Ireland/UK.

Richard.

michael vass
Frequent User

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 - 03:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard
Locating them Shouldn't be a problem for you , I used land rover lights as there is no sidelight fitted in the headlight ok.
They just plug stright in, 1/2 hour job ok
I don't know what year your car is, but this makes interesting reading
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/4/made
Particulaly the part II, part 2, which I interpertet to say I can have all 4 dip on at once.(mine is'89)
Cheers
Mike

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 431
Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 - 06:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Michael I bought some earlier today on e bay should have them Wednesday I think they are Land rover, My car was first Registered April 1997 chassis number 60128. I couldn't get my head round the. gov link we would need Vladimar to read that he used to be a Lawyer for the KGB.

Richard.

Mark Aldridge
Prolific User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 271
Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 - 07:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What bulbs are you using; I have fitted Phillips Extreme vision to my Bentley 8 with good results.Also the Osram Nightbreakers in my Landrover (Wipac Quadoptic headlights) work well
Mark

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 386
Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 - 07:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes of course with the English legislation what one does is cut and paste. So if there is anything you don't like in it you either paste white paper over the offending bit and retype or use white out and photocopy and retype.

I got around a notoriously pedantic English traffic inspector one time who thought a vehicle I had was too loud should be replaced as it was a straight through hot dog system: Two coke cans, split and filled with steel wool up the pipe ends and secured with self tapers, painted black.

It passed

Lawyers were not required for the KGB as clients rarely complained after torturing and especially after shooting and neither did their relatives.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 - 07:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

But do you have the KGB walk Vladimir, better known as the Gunslingers Gait.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/16/putin-gunslinger-gait-kgb-training-report

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 432
Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 - 18:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark my problem with my lights would be with the dipped beam part which of the two mentioned bulbs would better suit this application thank you.

Richard.

Mark Aldridge
Prolific User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 272
Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 - 20:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard, very little between them in performance on dip or main. I would buy whichever is the best price.Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited are about £14 a pair on ebay, Philips Extreme Vision are about £20 eurocarparts.
Mark

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 433
Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 - 21:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you for the information Mark.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 445
Posted on Sunday, 24 January, 2016 - 21:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi I fitted my new lights last week well worth doing I fitted the Phillips extreme vision bulbs and the Quad optic lights good improvement.

Richard.

michael vass
Frequent User

Post Number: 76
Posted on Monday, 25 January, 2016 - 04:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard
Good arn't they glad you like them too
Mike

Darryl Watson
New User
Username: inox

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, 04 May, 2016 - 05:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,
Sorry to be a dunce. Can I check that all four lights were replaced with the Wipac S4696B?
I ask because of the different inner/outer bulbs and the lenses on my car look different (then they seem to be a bit of a mismatch anyway)
Many thanks
Regards
Darryl

michael vass
Prolific User

Post Number: 156
Posted on Wednesday, 04 May, 2016 - 07:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Darryl
Yes you are correct.
I fitted dim/main in all four positions, to be correct the inner ones should be main only ok
Mike
ps your not a dunce at all , better to ask anyday

Bill Hart
Frequent User
Username: bill_hart

Post Number: 65
Posted on Monday, 17 October, 2016 - 03:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Michael
Awesome conversion. Do you know if it would work on a '95 LH drive? All the sources for the lights seem to specify RH drive.

Thanks
Bill

michael vass
Prolific User

Post Number: 227
Posted on Monday, 17 October, 2016 - 05:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bill
I'm sure Craddocks stock L/H lamps too and your local supplier too.
Have a look here:
http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/land-rover-parts/gdl006-headlamp-conversion-kit-to-lhd-7-inch-round-halogen.html

You know I have wired my inner dip filaments through another relay and seperate switch so now I can have 4 dips on , great on dark roads with oncoming traffic without dazzling them.
Good luck
Mike

Bill Hart
Frequent User
Username: bill_hart

Post Number: 66
Posted on Thursday, 20 October, 2016 - 02:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you, Michaell. The link you provided seems to be what I need.
I am (barely) capable of replacing the bulbs but I don't know what to expect. Will the lights then function as OEM?

michael vass
Prolific User

Post Number: 230
Posted on Thursday, 20 October, 2016 - 18:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bill
The light will fuction the same but the main beam pattern will be different ok
They are easy to change remove surrounds 2 screws from under the bonnet, 3 little philips around each
unit and one plug .
Use the original water seals I found them slimmer ok
Mike

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: