Correct fasteners for Corniche rear seat Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Correct fasteners for Corniche rear seat « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Edward Mckinley
New User
Username: ed_mckinley

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, 27 September, 2022 - 08:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Would anyone happen to know the correct size and type for the two bolts that hold down the rear seat back rest? An SAE 1/4" X 28 threads per inch is really close but not perfect.

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, 27 September, 2022 - 08:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'ts an 89 Corniche II,

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 804
Posted on Tuesday, 27 September, 2022 - 10:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Bentley heritage site shows all parts and fortunately RR adds the length x diameter in the hardware description. Plug in your VIN for the exact parts.

https://heritage.bentleymotors.com/en/catalogue/modelBrowser

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 805
Posted on Tuesday, 27 September, 2022 - 10:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I checked for you and the factory sheet does not show much

https://heritage.bentleymotors.com/en/catalogue/partCatal/5018?chassisNumber=SCAZD02A4KCX24008#search-by-categoriesogue

Jeff Martin
Frequent User
Username: jeff_r_1

Post Number: 413
Posted on Tuesday, 27 September, 2022 - 15:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just a guess, but 1/4 26 TPI.
If it is it would be odd, why such a new car would use BSF.

Metric maybe ?

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, 28 September, 2022 - 02:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Jeff, I had already looked at the documentation available and found nothing. Were the Corniche still using BSF for interior and body work? metric is not working

Jeff Martin
Frequent User

Post Number: 415
Posted on Wednesday, 28 September, 2022 - 04:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It's the only thing that I can think of that will fit in there.
Are you sure that the diameter is 1/4 inch ?

Being a Corniche, I would not be surprised if they still were using BSF bolts just to use up the supply.

Edward Mckinley
New User

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, 29 September, 2022 - 12:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

1/4" is the bolt that "almost" fit, it's 28 TPI so maybe the BSF is the right fastener. It's my understanding that the Corniche was still being made by the MPW coach guys so maybe they were using BSF Still?

Jeff Martin
Frequent User

Post Number: 417
Posted on Friday, 30 September, 2022 - 03:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've boughten standard 1/4 28 bolts from my auto parts store with a long shank, usually 2 to 2-1/2 inch, and cut the 26tpi on the shank.

You need a split die of course, and the head will be wrong as it will need a 7/16 wrench.
It works in pinch though.

I don't know of any resources in Australia that sells BSF fasteners, but I'm sure there are some.

Jim Walters
Frequent User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 369
Posted on Friday, 30 September, 2022 - 03:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just run a 1/4-28 UNF tap through the welded nut and use a standard 1/4-28 bolt. It will not compromise the strength enough to matter, especially on a seat.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Carl Heydon
Experienced User
Username: car

Post Number: 178
Posted on Friday, 30 September, 2022 - 06:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

https://www.classicfasteners.com.au

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: