Alternator Pinout Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Alternator Pinout « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stefan Morley
Frequent User
Username: myupctoys

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, 18 September, 2009 - 14:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,

My ongoing saga of trying to fix an unrelated problem I've come across a question mark in relation to the connection of my alternator. Looks like some work had been done on it and one of the wires was not connected.

Can someone confirm/correct me on the order of the wires. I think the Alternator is a Delco Remy (no idea the model) but its in my 1988 Bentley Turbo R. The thick Brown is fine, the other two smaller ones is the question.

Alternator Connection

Thanks
Stefan

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 420
Posted on Friday, 18 September, 2009 - 17:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

(From a 1990 car)

could they be
Empty
brown / slate
pink / white
Brown

If so, I think they're good.

Stefan Morley
Frequent User

Post Number: 80
Posted on Friday, 18 September, 2009 - 19:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul,

Thanks for that. All good. My brown/slate one wasnt connected although it looked like it was.

Cheers
Stefan

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 156
Posted on Thursday, 29 July, 2010 - 04:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Stefan,
Found your post!!
Hw can you tell from the image that the wire is not connected? looks perfectly ok to me.
All the best
Omar

Stefan Morley
Prolific User

Post Number: 213
Posted on Thursday, 29 July, 2010 - 09:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar,

Yes exactly, this is the photo of the socket when I found the fault, pin was pushed back so it wasn't making contact. The pins have a locking tab to stop it being pushed back but it was broken. Took a while to narrow the fault down. The wire leading into the backshell looked fine, just wasn't pushed through far enough.

Alternator Pinout Fault

Cheers
Stefan

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 157
Posted on Thursday, 29 July, 2010 - 11:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

fantastic explanation.
I will look...............