How is fuel inlet/filter attached to ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » How is fuel inlet/filter attached to carb? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Young
Experienced User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, 21 November, 2010 - 03:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've got a bit of a petrol leak at my A-bank carb, which appears to be coming from where the fuel inlet/filter attaches to the carb body.

The manual isn't very helpful, suggesting that a brass pipe extends out of the carb. But all I can see is a pot-metal extension of the inlet/filter that appears to be going into the carb body.

Is the inlet/filter extension actually going over the brass pipe, or does it go in to the carb body? In either case, what seals it? (The parts manual appears to mention a o-ring here, part #UD11425, but the picture doesn't show the carb itself so I can't quite tell where the o-ring fits or if there are more bits I'd need.)

Any help appreciated,
Jeff.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 693
Posted on Sunday, 21 November, 2010 - 04:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jeff,

yes, o'rings on the brass tube. 2 on each I seem to remember.

Alloy housing slips onto tube. Undo the 1 screw on the bracket plus the pipe unions.

Chris Browne
Experienced User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, 21 November, 2010 - 05:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jeff.

I have recently purchased some second hand carbs for refurbishment. The attached photo (before restoration!) shows the brass inlet pipe (bottom right) on the nearside carburettor with the two "O" rings which Paul refers to. The carb filter housing is just a push fit onto the brass pipe. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Kind regards,

Chris

Jeff Young
Experienced User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, 21 November, 2010 - 10:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm glad I asked. The confusing picture in the parts manual didn't mention that I needed more than one per carb (they usually include the quantity in parenthesis after the part number).

Anyway, thanks guys!

Jeff.