Headlamp circuit breaker. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Headlamp circuit breaker. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Bacon
New User
Username: bacon13

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, 09 July, 2024 - 16:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have no feed to my dip switch but the dipped lights come on and off via the lighting switch and via the safety relay.The main beams work but only via the headlamp flasher. I assume the fault is ether the circuit breaker (although the reset is pushed in) or a fault in the wiring to or from it.
Does the circuit breaker just pull off the fuse board,is it possible to test it and by removing the screws either end of the fuse board can i get to the rear of it to check the connections?.
Sorry if these questions seem a bit basic but Im wary of causing more problems than I solve by jumping in blindly.

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 855
Posted on Tuesday, 09 July, 2024 - 21:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On a Shadow I the drop down has a fuse for headlamps #4

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 2593
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2024 - 05:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

IMO first check the dip switch is OK then the connections, if ok then check the accident coil cut-out connections.
These are located on N/S by the a/c condenser.

If all ok then the fault is in the block connector with one of the feeds.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4277
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2024 - 07:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome back Patrick,

Like Omar who also posted this morning after a long time away - I have missed your participation as well.

Kevin Bacon
New User
Username: bacon13

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2024 - 16:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello again,thanks for the replies.
I now have operating headlights (after a fashion). I found some odd additions to the headlamp circuits,all in black wire and bound it tape,I removed them and then had no headlights at all. I foumd these 'repairs' were obviously some sort of attempt to provide a feed as the thermal cut out had failed.I took the cut out to pieces and found a mechanical fault which prevented it being re set.I repaired the wiring to the dipswitch.
I now had four headlioghts on main complete with a nice bright warning light but I also have four lights on dip,with a dim warning light.
By removing the connection from dip switch to the dipped circuit I have the lights operating as they should with dip being provided via the safety relay. Obviously not totally correct but I am going to investigate later,i have aa few nore jobs to do first.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: