Jurid coupling Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Jurid coupling « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 247
Posted on Monday, 02 January, 2017 - 23:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yesterday I replaced the flexible driveline disk in my Jaguar which is apearently refered to as a Jurid coupling.

In the jag it looked OK without any cracking but was hard as a rock. The car had a driveline vibration aroung 65 - 70 mph. Everything else was tight so I did the coupling.

Instantly fixed the vibration and the car actually felt better throught all opperating conditions. I had thought it was smooth before, but now it is OEM smooth.

I just ordered another for the Shadow last night as I know that one is old and tired. I'll post some how to pics when I put it in, but I just did the last job with the RR for the winter so It might not be for a while.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 248
Posted on Monday, 02 January, 2017 - 23:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So,

I just ordered a jurid coupling from rock auto.

I just googled it and the internet says I don't have one. ??? I go look under the car and it looks like I have a steel disk on the flange to the diff. I think the lesson here is you memories are not as good as a flashlight.

I could have sworn seeing one on the Shadow, but there you go.

Luckily I ordered the cheap import one for $40. So now I have a spare for the jag when this one goes bad in 10 years.

Anyway, if you have a RR that has one of these joints (apearently in the 80's sometime) and you get a little driveline vibration that might be the cause.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 860
Posted on Tuesday, 03 January, 2017 - 11:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Love the coffee on the teak roof racks Ross

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 251
Posted on Tuesday, 03 January, 2017 - 14:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

The shadow is my favorite cupholder and jump starter.

Also,

The jurid coupling I was remembering was in the Mercedes estate. I'll take a look when it's warmer out.

Cheers.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 984
Posted on Wednesday, 04 January, 2017 - 04:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

i had a 87 Spur that had one.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 872
Posted on Wednesday, 04 January, 2017 - 20:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Jag seems to be a winner Ross.

Are you driving it much?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: