Location of Oil Pressure Sending Unit... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Location of Oil Pressure Sending Unit on Early Shadow Engine « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christian S. Hansen
Prolific User
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 266
Posted on Wednesday, 22 June, 2016 - 13:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Re: 1968 MPW Coupe CRX2541
The Peacock Blue Shadow is being shipped away tomorrow and I am now switching my attention to the MPW Coupe. Upon starting the engine, the oil pressure comes up on the dash gauge, but the oil light in the ignition switch area does not go out. I suspect that there is a dedicated sending unit for the oil light and that it is simply stuck, or that there is a wiring issue from lack of recent use. Although I have searched the manual for a diagram of the location, I cannot seem to find such a diagram. On the later Shadows, the gauge sending unit and two others are at the oil filter head. Before I go crawling around under the MPW, may I assume the oil light sending unit is in a similar position on the very early engine, which is a lot less complicated that the later, or elsewhere? I am hoping that wiggling or disconnecting and reconnecting the wires at the sending unit may cure the problem. Advice most appreciated. Also perhaps a reference to the section of the manual with details of location. Thanks!

Martin Taylor
Experienced User
Username: martin_taylor

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, 22 June, 2016 - 13:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Same place on the oil filter housing, order a new sensor before you go in, they are cheap and it's a messy place

Christian S. Hansen
Prolific User

Post Number: 267
Posted on Wednesday, 22 June, 2016 - 14:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks, Martin...
I'll take a peak before I start disconnecting anything. Whereas on the later Shadows there are three senders at that location, I suspect that on the early engines there are fewer, but at least two...one for the guage and one for the light. Which is which? Hopefully someone can direct me to a diagram? Thanks!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 701
Posted on Wednesday, 22 June, 2016 - 15:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Christian,
the two are very different. Th oil pressure guage sender unit is 5 times as big as the warning light switch. The warning light switch looks very similar to the temperature sensor that you showed us in an earlier post (the one that had teflon tape on it).
Thanks
Omar

Christian S. Hansen
Prolific User

Post Number: 268
Posted on Wednesday, 22 June, 2016 - 16:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks, Omar...
I was just searching the manual and think I found the illustration which was out of place from where I had expected it to be...but it's there.

Early Shadow Oil Pressure Sending Units

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: