Kingsborne Spark Plug Wires Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Kingsborne Spark Plug Wires « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 504
Posted on Saturday, 29 August, 2015 - 12:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I got my new set of plug wires from Kingsborne in California. They are nice quality using Beru materials. Alas! I am losing my fancy wire organizers as these seem to have been assembled onto the wires before the ends were put on. I am saving these and I may ask the Kingsborne folks if they can use these parts and assemble a new set of wires. They would then be VERY nice!
Meanwhile I will soldier on with the new, unloomed wires, shame and all. The wires are numbered, but not A and b, numbers only. They fit OK but some may be a little long. I think I can get by for now.

David Lacey
Frequent User
Username: dlacey

Post Number: 58
Posted on Saturday, 29 August, 2015 - 19:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Randy,
You could use a sharp knife to cut a slit in the back side of the rubber organisers...then push your new wires in from the back...cannot be seen from the normal engine bay view...
I know its bodgetastic, but it looks ok...

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 505
Posted on Sunday, 30 August, 2015 - 10:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David, I wanted to thank you for the suggestion; I got my wires installed this afternoon and implemented your idea which worked very nicely!
I thought I was not going to be able to get the wires on B-bank changed without taking a lot of parts off. I hated to do it but I cut the old wires up to get them out and I was then able to thread the new wires in place a lot easier than I expected.
Thanks again!