Firing order silver shadow Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Firing order silver shadow « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

michael casey
Yet to post message
Username: mightymerc

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, 01 March, 2012 - 22:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

HI im new on here i took the plug leeds off the distributor and i would like to know in the manual its says A BANK + B BANK A1/B1 A4/B4 B2/A3 B3/A2 MY QUESTION IS on bank A is A1 at the front of engine and is B1 on the front aswell?also looking at the engine from the front radatior side does the rotor arm turn anticlockwise or clockwise? is there just a simple way to check the firing order?

Brian Vogel
Frequent User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 59
Posted on Friday, 02 March, 2012 - 00:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My understanding is that for any car the A bank is always on the right side of the engine (from the perspective of being seated inside the car) and the B bank on the left. Numbering for the cylinders starts from number 1 for the ones closest to the radiator and goes up as you head toward the firewall.

I honestly can't remember which direction the rotor arm turns in, but if your spark plug wires are marked with their cylinder tags that is s simple matter to figure out based on the firing order. You can always trace your wires back from the cylinder to the rotor and label them if the labels have gone missing. I have yet to see a car where someone's tried to change the firing order, but anything's possible I suppose.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 313
Posted on Friday, 02 March, 2012 - 20:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When I replaced the plug leads on RSH24518 I checked, rechecked and then checked again that they were in the correct order. I still got 2 leads transposed (!) so she ran rough as a dog until I traced and rectified my error. That's partly why I've fitted NGK Iridium plugs: There should be no need to replace the plugs or leads in the next 10+ years!