Wiring Diagrams- Silver Shadow Chassi... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Wiring Diagrams- Silver Shadow Chassis # SRH8816 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brett Edington
Yet to post message
Username: terra73

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, 14 April, 2010 - 06:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi, this is my first post on this Forum, and I thank anyone ,in advance, for help received.
I have attempted to find Wiring Diagrams for the above in the Post War Technical Library,unsuccessfully.
It is a 69/70 RHD Saloon, No Division. The Libary shows RHD up to CN 5000; 5000-6000; then from CN 9000.
Possibly I am missing something here, or my Model is identical to one of the above listed.
Anyone help?
Regards.}}

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 949
Posted on Wednesday, 14 April, 2010 - 16:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very interesting - my copy of TD2476 does not have any diagrams for RHD chassis numbers from 6000 to 9000 as well but it is a reprint of the original manual and the Index does not list a section for this range. If someone has an original first edition Shadow manual which predates TSD2476, I would appreciate advice if this does include wiring diagrams up to chassis number 9000.

My guess is the RHD wiring for your chassis number will be very close to what is shown for chassis numbers post-9000.

Brett Edington
New User

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 14 April, 2010 - 18:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for your input. I am hoping that someone has came across this problem before and has an answer.

I would think that it is a good possibility that post 9000 could be the same, I just need to be sure before I begin dismantling.}}}

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2118
Posted on Thursday, 15 April, 2010 - 17:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If you look at the 6,000 and 9,000 schematics, you will see that they vary very little. Central locking in 1970 at chassis 9,658 was the main change before 1971.

If we could source some quality scans of the series between, or of all series for that matter, they would be placed immediately into the Technical Library.

There were some minor changes with the 1971 update package at chassis 11,882. However, even then the fundamental schematics do not change markedly from those of the very early SYs. Colour codes are stable throughout the SY cars.

Minor running changes, such as additional diodes and the like, are not always very well documented, especially as agents like York Motors went it alone in some situations.

RHT.

Brett Edington
New User

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, 15 April, 2010 - 18:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mr. Treacy, I thank you for your valued input.
I have now copied both and will check out against my vehicle to determine the minor differences.

My main concern was, that there could be substantial differences between models, and I would end up the proverbial creek.

I will keep an eye on the TL for any changes that occur.
Thank You.}}}

Jan Forrest
Prolific User
Username: got_one

Post Number: 128
Posted on Sunday, 18 April, 2010 - 21:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Have you looked at the "High Resolution With Bookmarks" version? I've been struggling all week to sort out the door electrics using the standard version only to find that (at least on RSH 24518 - a 1976 Shadow 1) the wiring colour codes are incorrect. Since I've downloaded the Hi-res manual I've got them all working again
Just another few minor things to check and she's ready for her MOT next week as it's due on the 7th of May. This should give me a bit of 'breathing room' should she fail on something or other.