'77 Wraith II AC Condenser Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » '77 Wraith II AC Condenser « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 487
Posted on Thursday, 09 July, 2015 - 11:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I got the parallel-flow condenser in today, so I got about removing the old one. Yes: it will come out the front WITHOUT marring the paint or wedging it against anything, you just have to sort of turn it just right, and it comes right out.
That said: the new condenser I got was approx. 14 X 18 inches, plus a couple more inches width for the headers and fittings on the sides, and the universal attachment points top and bottom. In short: it was about 1/2 inch too tall to fit comfortably, and it could have been a couple inches wider with room to spare. I will look at the sizes available, and there are a lot of them, and see what might work.
I found some of the AC suppliers offer aluminum tubing with the fittings on each end, so one may bend them to fit. I can use two of these to make the connection from the hoses to the new condenser. Attaching it to the Car's 4 mounting points should not be difficult and I think the auxiliary fan will fit nicely, given all the attachment points on the periphery of the condenser.
One question for all you guys with overheating issues: have you ever looked behind your condenser? I was surprised at the amount of trash in the radiator fins behind my Car's condenser. It has to reduce the efficiency. I will blow the radiator out before proceeding.