Searchable Chapter U - Shadow II/T2 W... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Searchable Chapter U - Shadow II/T2 Workshop Manual - TSD4200 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Sunday, 08 February, 2015 - 09:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Earlier today I made reference to the fact that Chapter U - Emission Control Systems contains reference to a bunch of information you probably wouldn't expect to find there. In addition to the various emmision control material it includes details on: carbs, automatic choke system, ignition system, electrical components, and running changes.

This chapter is a behemoth, 664 pages in length, and repeats itself based on model year and original market of destination. It can be very difficult to find the precise pages applicable to your car.

I have run optical character recognition on the document I downloaded from the technical library to allow it to be searchable in Adobe Reader or other PDF readers. Searchable Chapter U

The easiest way to find the material pertinent to your car is to search on the phrase "destined for". That will take you to the table of contents page for the specific model years and markets in the document.

Brian

Jean-Pierre 'JP' Hilbert
Experienced User
Username: jphilbert

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, 10 February, 2015 - 07:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

what a Godsend!!!! Thanks so much Brian!

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 638
Posted on Tuesday, 10 February, 2015 - 07:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes - I forgot to send my thanks also.

Geoff

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1201
Posted on Tuesday, 10 February, 2015 - 07:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If anyone happens to be looking for searchable PDFs for the various rrtechnical.info documents that weren't originally scanned that way I'll be happy to do OCR runs on them. PM or e-mail me if you need one.

I have been slowly working my way through all of the material I have downloaded from rrtechnical.info over the years (which is virtually all of the library).

For stuff I've got most of it could be e-mailed (these gigantic chapters can't).

As long as I'm not inundated with requests, and I have the time to do it, it will force me to work through parts I haven't yet started on.

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1274
Posted on Monday, 20 April, 2015 - 00:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm bumping this thread because I found the material about what various sections of Chapter U repeat, and where, based upon model year and delivery to one of the following countries: USA, Canada, Japan, Australia.

Even though it's easy to find the country in question just by searching for the phrase "destined for" it's still handy to have this additional information:

------------------------------------------------

It is amazing how much is market specific as far as the carburettors, EGR systems, etc., down to and including the carb linkages. All of this is documented in Chapter U of the Workshop Manual (TSD4200).

What follows is the content of Chapter U that is repeated by model year and delivery market:

U1 Introduction
U2 Exhaust emission control system
U3 Fuel evaporation emission control system
U4 Crankcase emission control system
U5 Carburetters and Automatic choke system
U6 Ignition System
U7 Electrical Components
U8 Fault Diagnosis
U9 Workshop tools
U10 Running Changes

Here are the pages in the PDF version of Chapter U where the various delivery markets and model years appear:

Australia
PDF Page Model Year
1 1977
49 1978
97 1979
143 1980

Japan
PDF Page Model Year
188 1977
240 1978
290 1979
340 1980