On the road again Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » On the road again « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Barry Brears
Frequent User
Username: turney_2009

Post Number: 87
Posted on Tuesday, 04 January, 2011 - 17:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Happy new year to one and all.Well the new Nippon Denso starter is now fitted and working well,we had a problem in getting the car started and found out the ballast resistor was faulty so replace that.So for the time being except for tuning the carbs the car is going.Now as a back up daily driver I bought myself a 1962 Morris Minor go's ok needs new exhaust and a tidy up inside and a paint touch up won't be concourse but who cares !!

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 707
Posted on Tuesday, 04 January, 2011 - 18:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Happy new Year Barry,

Hopefully the new starter and resistor will make a good difference.

Good move buying the minor . . . will make the Rolls seem EVEN MORE special!

Happy New Year all :-)

Jan Forrest
Prolific User
Username: got_one

Post Number: 178
Posted on Thursday, 13 January, 2011 - 07:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The good old Moggy Thou. How I remember mine (a 1964 Traveller with the wood surrounds at the sides and rear) with so much fondness. I courted the woman who later became my wife in it and was heartbroken to have to part with it around 1970/1. I've often considered getting another, but it wouldn't be as comfortable as The Old Girl or as practical as the Estima. Perhaps some day when I can justify having 3 cars!