Cloud Interior Lighting Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Cloud Interior Lighting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Deborah Saville
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 15:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can someone please help me? We are just in the final throes of our restoration of a 1955 Silver Cloud and need some information on the interior lighting.

Do the rear vanity lights operate with the centre interior light when the doors are opened and closed or are they only operated manually?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 15:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Deb the lights are quite independent of everything and this was so even with the Shadows. If you hate an RR owner quietly switch on a vanity unit during the day and watch as he replaces the battery twice re-wires the car and finally sells it as he can't afford the batteries! I think my Ford has the right idea, similar lights but three positions. Manually on or off or at the mercy of the door switches but they use a three position switch and you couldn't discard those lovely Delco items could you!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: