Underwing air conditioning Cloud II a... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Underwing air conditioning Cloud II and III « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 132
Posted on Saturday, 24 April, 2004 - 18:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can I resurect the above post now 2 1/2 years old. Given the number of Clouds and Bentleys in this country I am amazed this problem has not confounded someone else.

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.87
Posted on Sunday, 25 April, 2004 - 10:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Bill, I have assisted the restoration of an S3 here in Melbourne; said vehicle now fitted with a modern U.S system, as the original was beyond economic repair. I feel sure that I have seen the part to which you refer and MAY even have a spare surplus to this project. I respond better to pictures/illus. or even a line drawing in order to i.d positively. Can you please e-mail something to me .. john.dares@bigpond. I will try to assist. Rgds

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 135
Posted on Sunday, 25 April, 2004 - 15:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John Many thanks. The picture of it in situ is on page 36 of Tee One Topics for August 2001. But have you got a CD of the back issue. If not I'll send you one. The cross section by the way is omega which I seem to have left off the original. I'll send you a copy of the pic in the meantime!

Randy Roberson
Experienced User
Username: randy_r

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, 14 December, 2007 - 06:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

At the risk of overkill, these people will make all you want: http://www.usrubberco.com/index.html

Bill Coburn
Posted on Sunday, 05 August, 2001 - 11:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As part of a general overhaul of my S2 I removed the underwing air conditionng assembly. The air return duct at the lower rear end of the unit joins up with the ducting that starts under and beside the driver's seat (RHD). To join the two ducts at a point just ahead of the right hand front body mounting outrigger, the factory used a rubber joiner/seal which had an 'omega' shaped cross section to allow for movement of the relevant bits.

Curiously I have found no reference to this in the parts manual neither is it shown. The rubber tends to perish on the low side of the seal allowing dust and ambient air to get into the system. Professional advice is to use a suitable section of truck inner tube but I would like to avoid this in the interests of originality.

Can anybody help please. Failing that can someone provide a suitable entree/address to the Factory supply system as I have tried using dealers and given the trivial nature of the part it seems not to be worth their while to chase through the system.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: