Radiator Coolant Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Radiator Coolant « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Mantello
New User
Username: john

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, 21 November, 2007 - 12:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Could anyone advise the correct coolant to use in a Silver Cloud I radiator, is there a particular brand or particular characteristics I need to get? I also believe there is a bolt on plate to clear out any sludge from the engine?
Regards John

Paul Yorke
Prolific User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 102
Posted on Thursday, 22 November, 2007 - 22:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bluecol or blue Ethylene Glycol type.

Change every couple of years.

There are two plates which should be removed and reverse and forward flushed through the engine and radiator. You will probably be shocked by the amount of sludge you get in there.

Pressure wash through the plates if you can and top and bottom hoses, if not, lots of hosing and poking around.

I prefer lots of flushing with hot water instead of cooling system chemical cleaners.

It makes a big difference to running temperatures in traffic.

John Mantello
New User
Username: john

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, 23 November, 2007 - 19:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks Paul, I will give it a go. The car has been running at the middle of the temp guage for many years but for some reason it now sits right at the top of the "accepted" region. Just maybe a build up over the years.
Regards...John

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: