Engine removal SC3 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Engine removal SC3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Hunziker
Experienced User
Username: pahu

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, 04 July, 2018 - 21:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Forum

I need to remove the Engine from a Silver Cloud 3. I'd liked to leave the gearbox in the car and to just remove the engine.
Could you let me know:
- If this is a wise decision?
- How to split the Engine an Gearbox in the car (at the Torque converter)?

Advice apreciated...

Patrick

(sorry for the bad language, origin Switzerland, we know nothing about Cars, Football and the english Language)

Trevor Pickering
Experienced User
Username: commander1

Post Number: 47
Posted on Thursday, 05 July, 2018 - 02:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick
Yes you can seperate the gearbox from the engine and just remove the engine.
This is how mine was done a year or so ago when we rebuilt the engine.
A full descripition of how to do this is in the work shop manual.
Look in both the engine and gearbox section as the main engine section describes removing the engine/gearbox as a unit.
The gearbox section will tell you how to uncouple the gearbox from the engine so you can just remove the engine and leave the gerbox in situe.

Why are you pulling the engine out?
regards

Trevor

christopher carnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 109.151.115.7
Posted on Thursday, 05 July, 2018 - 07:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You have to drain all the 6 litres of fluid from the torus, ie the big part that contains the fluid coupling. Then undo a lot of small bolts to split the torus from the thin flexible "flywheel".
There are two locating dowels one of which is bigger than the other, fitted in order to maintain the engine/gearbox balance.

(Message approved by david_gore)

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 256
Posted on Saturday, 07 July, 2018 - 17:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The torus has it's own drain plug. after removal of the bottom bell hosing cover that should have ventilation gaugze in it, use flywheel teeth to move engine around to expose torus drain plug-easy!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: