Changing from R12 to R 134A Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Changing from R12 to R 134A « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pedro Gomes
New User
Username: portamno

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, 27 April, 2018 - 04:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,

My Mulsanne S 92 is ALMOST ready to go, after 4 years of endless search for the right mechanic, here in Portugal....Now comes the issue of changing the gas on the A/C from R12 to R134....

I have searched the net, and on flying spares I have found a kit which provides 2 ounces of oil and the right plugs....HOWEVER, reading other related material it seems that the "drier" in the A/C system also needs to be replaced??

Can anyone offer a more complete description of what must be done?

THANK YOU

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 765
Posted on Friday, 27 April, 2018 - 05:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pedro,

Yes, the dryer really should be replaced.

While driers are all the same for R12 and r134a, in use they get full of system oil and it cannot be cleaned out.

I would see if a later RR dryer had the same fittings and get one from a 134a car.

An AC shop should be able flush the old oil and put in the new accumulator and vacuum the whole thing down for a reasonable fee. Royce or Ford, ac work is one of those things that's the same car to car.

Royce brakes.... Well that's a different matter.

Pedro Gomes
New User
Username: portamno

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, 15 May, 2018 - 02:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Ross, for you Input! Will proceed accordingly.

Best Regards

Pedro

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: