Dash Lighting & Front Fender Red Indi... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Dash Lighting & Front Fender Red Indicator « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, 28 July, 2017 - 15:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hate to keep asking what should be lit on the dash of a 61 Cloud. I know the speedometer, the oil pressure-temperature-amps gauge and the clock should be lit. Anything else? Also, when the parking lights are on, should the red indicator on top be lit? They are on my Jaguars.

Richard

David Balfour
Frequent User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, 28 July, 2017 - 17:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The ring around the cigarette lighter should also be lit as should the clock. I will probably opt for the now popular LED dash bulb replacement, just so I can read the instruments at night. I actually installed an LED festoon bulb in place of the original dome lamp bulb, as heat from the latter actually melted the plastic above at some point, and I don't want the same fate for the new dome lamp lens. You could possibly leave the capping rail lamp on for some more lighting if required.

David Balfour
Frequent User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, 28 July, 2017 - 20:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The tell tales, like the one on your Jags, are just a piece of plastic that is exposed to the area where the lamp sits. Some of the light should make them red, but the rubber gasket, and dirt, sometimes get in the way, as it did on mine, and this stops the light. I took mine apart and cleaned everything up, and re-aligned and trimmed the gaskets and hey presto the tiniest glow ever seen to man. They are barely visble from inside the car. I wouldn't worry about them if I were you!

Maxwell Heazlewood
Prolific User
Username: tasbent

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, 30 November, 2017 - 16:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ah yes David....but it's the little things that count
I definitely agree, in this day and age LED's are the only way to travel, no heat and virtually very little voltage make life easier on older generating systems and wiring.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: