BritshStarters.com for Cloud and S V8... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » BritshStarters.com for Cloud and S V8, 4-speed Shadows and T-Series « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 705
Posted on Tuesday, 19 April, 2005 - 03:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I bought a new gear reduction starter motor today from www.BritishStarters.com suitable for 3-speed Shadows and SZs to keep as a spare.

Martin, the proprietor, informed me that they now offer a Nippondenso gear reduction starter for SCII, SCIII and Shadow 4-Speed series cars to replace the original UD8973 unit.

It is not advertised on their site yet, but you could email him on:

DrMarty@britishstarters.com or Martingf@aol.com

He tells me he sells about a dozen each month for the 3-speed cars, and has never had a warranty claim since their release 14 months ago.

RT.

Thomas Williams
New User
Username: thomas_williams

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, 19 April, 2005 - 10:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard:

I hate to show my ignorance once again, but isn't the GM THM400 a 3 speed? or is it a 4 speed? As you know, I have a 76 SSI SRE22965. Just curious.

Thomas

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 706
Posted on Tuesday, 19 April, 2005 - 17:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All left hand drive Shadows, and right hand drive Shadows from 1968 chassis 4483 onwards, have the THM400 (3 speed with torque converter).

Right hand drive Shadows until chassis 4482 have the 4 speed Hydramatic with fluid flywheel, derived from the first ones fitted to the R-Type in 1952.

RT.

Phil Black
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 210.50.217.136
Posted on Monday, 16 May, 2005 - 19:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I heard about a Nippendenso starter you can now get for the four speed tranny (67 Shadow) but someone said these are made in Taiwan and not Japan which makes the real thing. Are these Taiwan repro jobs any good does anyone know please? Thanks

Moderator's Comment
See above posts for link to supplier who will be able to answer this question.

(Message approved by david_gore)

(Message edited by david_gore on May 17, 2005)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: