Inside Door Handle Removal Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Inside Door Handle Removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, 11 August, 2017 - 14:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I thought removing the inside door handle would be a breeze on my 61 Cloud, but I cannot get the pin out. The manual said it is a screw that holds the handle on. Either someone has damaged the screw or ????.

Any help appreciated!

I am trying to take the window motor out. Even though I am getting power to the motor, it does absolutely nothing. Could it be frozen from harden gunk?

Richard

Jim Walters
Prolific User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 117
Posted on Friday, 11 August, 2017 - 16:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, there is no screw to undo however the escutcheon has screw threads on it and the handle and escutcheon come off as one. Ideally you need the factory tool to remove the interior door handle.

You can however use a pin punch of the appropriate size if you are very careful. Insert it into one of the two small holes in the escutcheon and turn it counter clockwise to remove it. It will take several complete turns to remove it. Be very careful not to scratch the leather door panel while doing this. It would be better to make up a facsimile of the factory tool from a piece of tubing and Loctite a small pin in it like the proper tool shown above. One side for removing, the other for installing. Jim.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

David Hughes
Frequent User
Username: wedcar

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, 12 August, 2017 - 10:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard
Jim's explanation is spot on.
I made one of the tools Jim mentioned, however a colleague said to me "why not use a coat hanger wire bent over at the end" reasonably good I idea I thought.
Regards
David

Carl Heydon
Prolific User
Username: car

Post Number: 138
Posted on Sunday, 13 August, 2017 - 15:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I keep a trimmed 2" galvanized nail in the tool kits for this job. Just the right size and takes up no space.

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, 16 August, 2017 - 14:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Got the door handle off by just turning the escutcheon counter-clockwise. I guess someone had been playing with the pin before?

I did get the window motor working by spraying alot of WD40 inside the motor housing. I took the cover off the motor without removing the motor/regulator from the door. I think also part of the problem was the window brake. I removed it like I did on one of my Shadows. The window now goes up/down really fast. I would like to do the same on the three other windows!

Thanks for all the help!

Richard

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: