Oil Pressure Switch for '61 Cloud II ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Oil Pressure Switch for '61 Cloud II needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham Waddingham
Experienced User
Username: graycad

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, 05 September, 2013 - 11:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all.

I have been trying to locate a new oil pressure switch for my Cloud II. No matter where I seem to look I just cannot find one. Can anyone here point me in the right direction, or know if the existing one can be rebuilt?

Kind regards, Graham.

P.S. We have diagnosed a faulty switch. The gauge works fine.

Ray Zeffert
New User
Username: rayzef

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, 09 September, 2013 - 21:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Graham
Have a look in Introcar's online shop in the UK, 79 pounds and match the original gauge.

Ray Z

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2901
Posted on Monday, 09 September, 2013 - 22:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ray,

that is the sender for the gauge. I don't believe that they have a pressure switch. Graham, are you looking at the generator warning lamp perhaps ?

By the way, my 1954 R-Type has an oil pressure switch, but that is only to control the automatic choke solenoid. On later cars, the choke solenoid is activated by the starter switch.

RT.

Ray Zeffert
New User
Username: rayzef

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, 10 September, 2013 - 11:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard
That was all I could think of as I cannot find any reference to a switch in my Cloud II manual.
Not sure what else it could be.
Ray Z

Jack Higginbotham
Experienced User
Username: jackh

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, 09 September, 2015 - 01:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Graham,
I replaced the sender on my SC II this spring. There is no pressure switch, just the sender, as far as I know. I got mine in the States from Albers.
My only issue was removing the original one. It was very stubborn.
Best regards,
Jack

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 491
Posted on Wednesday, 09 September, 2015 - 07:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The oil pressure switch is located in the filter head on a Shadow.
The shadow oil switch is generic contemporary British car bit. Your car is 1959 to 1963 and maybe Cloud lll till 1965. So any Brit car from 1959 to 1965.

My Shadow 1974 has a switch from a 1970s Mini.

There is 2 basic types of filter head. Spin on or cartridge in a can. Then these 2 types have variations. Some have only one oil pressure port some have 2 like the Corniche and Shadow 2.

The cartridge oil filter is just as good as the spin on off type and IMO there is no advantage in the spin off on on older cars.

The switches are available from intermotor ltd and cost about 5 quid.

The nut type terminal rather than spade is also available about the same cost. Although the terminal thread will be M5 most likely not 2BA.

Also note that the switches come in different pressure settings.

These buggers can be stubborn to get out. Proper fitting spanners are a must. The case of the sender or switch is an earth for the circuit so ptfe thread tape is not a good idea. A smear of gasket goo is better.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: