Bentley S2 workshop manual ? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Bentley S2 workshop manual ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Miroslav Cizmic
Yet to post message
Username: miki

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, 21 September, 2006 - 15:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello

I am an owner of a 1962 Bentley S2 model car and I was wondering weather someone would be able to help me out in obtaining a workshop/car manual for my car ?

I would be much gratefull for any asistence in regards to my quirey. Thank you.

Miki

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 177
Posted on Friday, 22 September, 2006 - 09:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This group sells them to members.

Rolls-Royce
Owners' Club
191 Hempt Rd.
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050

1 800 TRY RROC (toll free)
1 800 879-7762

(717) 697-4671 (phone)
(717) 697-7820 (fax)

rrochq@rroc.org

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 729
Posted on Saturday, 23 September, 2006 - 08:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well Miroslav, to get an original copy you will need to watch eBay they do come up there from time to time. I was not aware that the US Club has reproduced them although for someone who needs a little information promptly, having to join the Club then get the book may be a bit daunting.

As I hope you are aware we are gradually scanning all the postwar manuals and putting them on this site for access by anyone. The manual you want is actually being scanned at the moment in Melbourne and as soon as I have it it will be up loaded. In the meantime watch eBay.

Miroslav Cizmic
New User

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, 23 September, 2006 - 10:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you very much for the information guys.

whunter - I might just give them a call and make an enquiery about it so thank you.

Bill - I indeed have searched ebay for the manual but sadly with no luck. I tried looking arund other websites and even sent a couple e-mails to several UK based websites but with no luck, until I came across these forums. I was and still am amased at the wealth and depth of information there is on RRs and Bentleys here. I'm still reading through a lot of the posts & various information mainly regarding the model I have. If you can upload the manual on this website that would be truly awsome and I think it would be fair to say 'I owe you one mate'.

To be very honest I don't really know a lot about these cars in general but I'm trying to learn more & more. I'm 26 years old but there is just something about these classic vintage cars that I really like and admire. The style and the chic appearence of these two makes (even old jaguars) is something I've come to admire.

Bill Coburn

Post Number: 730
Posted on Saturday, 23 September, 2006 - 10:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well welcome to the fold. Where are you and do you have a car or is this a general interest search. If you have a particular need for info let me know and we'll get something to you.

Miroslav Cizmic
New User

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, 24 September, 2006 - 10:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As I said in my initial post I indeed have a car, and it is the model I inquired about the 1962 Bentley S2. The car has been sitting for a long time and me and my father and I would like to revamp it once again and make it road worthy. This is why I'm wishing to obtain relevant information (workshop manual) regarding the engine and other mechanical bits & pieces.

I live in Wollongong (NSW) in the upper Balgownie area which is about 80 km south of Sydney.

cheers

Bill Coburn

Post Number: 731
Posted on Sunday, 24 September, 2006 - 17:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry I missed that fact. If you like to email me with any specific part of the manual you need now I may be able to coppy it for you. Send to
technical@au.rrforums.net

Miroslav Cizmic
New User

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, 25 September, 2006 - 00:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you very much Bill, I really appreciate your effort mate. There are all sorts of bits and pieces we would like to look at, starting with the engine, brakes & boosters etc etc once we start revamping it proper. So if it wouldn't be too much trouble I would like to get the whole workshop manual if possible and we'l take it from there.

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 178
Posted on Monday, 25 September, 2006 - 11:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Miroslav Cizmic
I would suggest you begin by going to "Discussion" > "Topics"
"Technical Library"

Rolls-Royce Technical Literature Library.
Includes "Tee-One Topics" - The esteemed journal of matters pertaining to the care and maintenance of Silver Shadow, Bentley T and Early Post-War Rolls-Royce models.

"Tee-One Topics" has a huge volume of information you will find you need, please read these before the Workshop Manual.
If nothing else, they will help prepare you to face the rigors of restoration/repair involved with Rolls-Royce and/or Bentley.
The humor (IMO) makes them priceless to anyone who owns one. :-)

Bill Coburn

Post Number: 733
Posted on Tuesday, 26 September, 2006 - 00:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Bill.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: