Clock fuse broken Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Clock fuse broken « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Grassetto Eugenio
New User
Username: grassetto

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, 08 May, 2012 - 06:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My S2 has the clock fuse blown, there is something wrong because it blows any new fuse, also the fuel gauge doesn't work, it stays full left or full right, but if I switch it on oil gauge it works perfectly, are the two problems related? do you have any suggestion

Leho Proos
New User
Username: lehoproos

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, 12 May, 2012 - 08:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Grassetto
The 'clock' fuse also feeds the charging plug socket and the interior lights. These are fed from the 3 wires at the TOP of the fuse. The brown wire feeds the charging plug socket and one of the purple wires feeds the clock. The other purple wire feeds the interior light switchs.
For new fuses to blow, one of these wires must be grounded. Disconnect all 3 wires from the fuse and with a multimeter check to determine which of them is grounded.
From afar, my best guess is that one of the door switch feeds has come off a switch terminal and is grounding itself on the chassis.
Solve this problem first and then we will work on the fuel gauge.
Leho

Grassetto Eugenio
New User
Username: grassetto

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, 10 June, 2012 - 04:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Leho, thank'you for your advise which it makes sense, tomorrow I will check if I find it.
Ciao Eugenio

Leho Proos
New User

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, 15 June, 2012 - 02:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Eugenio
Further to your 'clock' fuse difficulty:

I did this test on my car this morning, I found that the clock circuit is grounded (through the clock). My clock works and if you think about it that is the expected result.

The interior dome light is controlled by the 4 door switches and the manual switch on the left side B pillar. The manual switch is a toggle switch. With the upper part in the switch is off and with the lower part in the switch is on.
The rear seat companion lights are controlled by similar individual switches - upper part in, switch is off and lower part in, switch is on.
The boot light switch is a mercury switch - boot lid closed, switch is off and boot lid open, switch is on.

If I had this problem on my car, this is what I would do.

Do the test with the doors closed, boot lid closed and manual dome and companion light switches off.

You are likely to find that 2 of the 3 wires are grounded.(Presumed to be the clock circuit and the bad circuit.) Connect the ungrounded wire, put in a fuse and determine which circuit now works.

Remove the fuse and connect 1 of the 2 grounded wires. Replace the fuse.

If the fuse blows, you have found the bad circuit. Remove this wire and connect the other grounded wire. Replace the fuse and determine which 2 circuits now work.

If the fuse does not blow, then both the connected circuits are good. Determine which these 2 good circuits are. The remaining (unconnected) wire is the bad circuit.

Leho

steven spencer
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 108.193.17.222
Posted on Tuesday, 28 August, 2012 - 04:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I could supply a enhnaced copy of the wiring diagram I got from a fellow RROC member, but I don't seam to be able to attach it.That is if it would help. SXC671/SDW441.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Leho Proos
Experienced User

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, 29 August, 2012 - 03:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Steve
A suggestion. Consider talking to your 'fellow RROC member' to see if they would be willing to submit the enhanced wiring diagram to the Technical Library.
Leho

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: