Fuel Filler Hose Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Fuel Filler Hose « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, 30 November, 2017 - 12:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I need the fuel filler hose (hose between the gas cap and tank) for my 62 Cloud. I checked my sources, and they want close to $200.00 for just the hose!

Does anyone know of an alternative hose that would work?

Much appreciated.

Richard

David Balfour
Frequent User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, 30 November, 2017 - 14:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard, is there any particular reason why it needs replacing?

Richard Greene
Frequent User

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, 30 November, 2017 - 16:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My mechanic says it is rotten in several places, but I haven't seen it. He said, "The gas be will be going everywhere". I just cannot believe a rubber hose can cost that much....even trimmed in gold!!!!

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2529
Posted on Friday, 01 December, 2017 - 02:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

If the car is currently immobile (or close to it) anyway I'd have the mechanic take off the existing hose and begin making trips around to your local "mom and pop" (or at least run by mom and pop) auto parts stores where the people have been behind the counter for decades. They can almost always match something up, even if it's longer than needed and requires end cutting.

Also, these days there exists flexible fuel hose of the diameter that used to be "formed only." [Or at least that's what I'm recalling, anyway. I could be conflating hose types here.]

Brian

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 638
Posted on Friday, 01 December, 2017 - 05:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard...
Try first, but in the end you may just have to "bite the bullet" here as the hose may be entirely unique. Radiator hoses for the Cloud I (especially the bottom) are special and over $100 each. Inner tubes for my Phantom II just cost me $65! Sometimes there is no escape for the pain!

Maxwell Heazlewood
Prolific User
Username: tasbent

Post Number: 116
Posted on Friday, 01 December, 2017 - 14:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I agree with Brian...go to an industrial hosing place, they keep all sorts of diameters and types and usually have fuel proof hoses available.

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 144
Posted on Saturday, 02 December, 2017 - 01:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Flying Spares has the filler hose for just over $105.

Richard Greene
Frequent User

Post Number: 72
Posted on Saturday, 09 December, 2017 - 13:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

UPDATE:

My guy took the hose off as Brian suggested. I took it to a 18 wheeler repair shop, and they had a hose almost exactly like the original...even with the correct bend! Cost: $12.00!!!!!

Richard

Maxwell Heazlewood
Prolific User
Username: tasbent

Post Number: 124
Posted on Saturday, 09 December, 2017 - 16:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There ya go Richard....like I said....
Seek and ye shall find
Helluva lot better than some old dried up
over priced OEM stock from FS!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: