Cloud I Headlight Bulbs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Cloud I Headlight Bulbs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wayne Wardman
Experienced User
Username: wayne_wardman

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, 23 May, 2011 - 19:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My Cloud I has just become monocular.

When I took the light assembly apart I was greeted with a light bulb of modern-ish design but only bearing the insignia 'No. 457 12V 55/43W ENG'.
An extensive internet search revealed many lamps that look like this - and I suppose some are superior - BUT none had her 'dual contact' base. They were all attached via 3 protrusions as per the alternate diagram in the Cloud Manual.

Suggestions would be appreciated - I want her to be as safe as modern lamps can but within the confines of some originality.
Cheers

Wayne Wardman

David Hughes
Experienced User
Username: wedcar

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, 25 May, 2011 - 15:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Wayne
Try Classic and Vintage Bulbs in South Australia.
They supplied Halogen bulbs with the correct base for my Silver Cloud still fitted with original RR headlights.
Trust that helps
Regards
David

Wayne Wardman
Experienced User
Username: wayne_wardman

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, 03 June, 2011 - 20:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you David.

I got in touch with them and they had the correct bulb (a bit brighter, which is good) at a good price and with good communication.

Wayne

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: