Air conditioning Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Air conditioning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

john harriman
New User
Username: harryo1

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 10 February, 2010 - 19:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am refurbishing my Dawn. {Repainting] A formidable task. Whilst she is dismembered I am wishing to fit an air con. system. I have the components. The condenser will be fitted under the front guard [with fan] behind the front wheel, and the evaporater neatly fitted centrally under the dash. The compressor is the problem, as the space is so tight. I am currently trying the fit high on the left side, and after many trial fittings, it is still not ideal. I am contemplating a swap with the generater, though that will mean lots of bracketing problems.Has anyone first hand knowledge of solving these problems? The solution appears in the details. Anyone help?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 148
Posted on Wednesday, 10 February, 2010 - 20:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi John,

My MK VI was fitted with A/C by the previous owner, very neat job. Compressor is where the generator was, with the modern alternator fitted above it, with a small fan belt driving from the compressor up to the alternator. The alternator is required to produce the extra current required. Condensor is under the passenger side guard.

If you are in Sydney you are wlecome to drop by and take a look.

Cheers

Marty

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: