Removal of brake servo Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Removal of brake servo « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter MCCarthy
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 137.147.12.30
Posted on Tuesday, 30 July, 2013 - 07:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My Mk6 special was converted to rear hydraulic brakes before I bought it, but the brake servo assembly is still in place on the gearbox. The hydraulic brakes work very well. I would like to remove the brake servo and blank off the shaft hole. Is the shaft removable from the outside? Does removal cause a problem with the internal drive gear?

(Message approved by david_gore)

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2870
Posted on Tuesday, 30 July, 2013 - 20:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No. It just exposes another rotating shaft.
RT.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2871
Posted on Tuesday, 30 July, 2013 - 20:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

ps: if you remove the servo driveshaft and blank off the housing it would b best. That assumes that your ride control has seen the dentist too.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1088
Posted on Tuesday, 30 July, 2013 - 22:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

what operates the hydraulic system?

Peter McCarthy
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 137.147.12.30
Posted on Wednesday, 31 July, 2013 - 08:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The ride control doesn't function, although the hydraulic lines are still connected to the rear dampers. I will investigate further today. Thanks for the response.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: