Identifing coachbuilders on 20/25hp Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Identifing coachbuilders on 20/25hp « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ed Albert
New User
Username: evalbert

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, 11 September, 2003 - 01:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rex, did you ever get the Thrupp and Maberly body number information? And could you send me a photo or two of your car. I'd like to see how it compares to my late 1934 Thrupp and Maberly Sport Saloon 20/25 hp. I'd especially like to see the "boot" area. Does it have a pull out luggage rack built in? If you'll send me your email, I'll send you some photos of my car GAF70.

Mark Tomlinson
Frequent User
Username: mark_tomlinson

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, 23 March, 2005 - 12:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am on the lookout for a midto late thirties RR that I can put a twin turbo Bentley motor into it and run it as an alternative wedding car, Motor, gearbox not needed repairable body only no rustriddled send them to god types,Any help?
Mark Tomlinson
truetone1@hotmail,com

Jonas TRACHSEL
New User
Username: jonas_trachsel

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, 23 March, 2005 - 15:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hey Man

Butcher up a Ford or a Stovebolt, but leave RR/B's alone. We don't need RR Hotrods. To make Sir Henry turn in his grave could well unleash some bad Ghosts on you....

No offence intended!

Jonas

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 171
Posted on Wednesday, 23 March, 2005 - 16:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark, I'm afraid I'm with Jonas here.

They are rare enough as it is.

Help yourself to BMW's though.

We've got a new section in the general posts under the heading of Automotive Humour.
Why not transfer your query there as I am sure that you were really joking.

Gordon Norris
Frequent User
Username: crewes_missile

Post Number: 96
Posted on Wednesday, 23 March, 2005 - 16:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark,
A friend of mine has a stretched mini shell (mini-limo) that would go very well with a twin-turbo Bentley engine....it's just that when you rev it I think the driveshaft will stay still, and the body will revolve around it to make a corkscrew...

You WERE really joking weren't you Mark?....WEREN'T YOU????

GN.

rex bryant (67.73.176.35)
Posted on Tuesday, 14 January, 2003 - 03:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a 1935 (titled as a 1937) 20/25 with what I was told is a Thrupp & Maberly Sport Saloon. And that is what T.Car's book on 20/25 says it is supposed to be. But I can't find any builder plate on the car. Where would I look for body numbers? Or get a plate? How can I find out if this is the "correct" body? I will thank you all for any help you can pass along. (I do have camera for passing along photos if that would help - but, I warn you, the car is currently painted a horrid ford blue!)
rex

Rick Ford (213.78.66.207)
Posted on Saturday, 18 January, 2003 - 03:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rex. Tom C. Clarke's book, The ROLLS-ROYCE 20/25 h.p., Complete Classics No. 1. is dependable.
Look on the underside of body floorboards for body Number.
RICK FORD website: http://rickford.port5.com

Ed Albert
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 216.221.240.130
Posted on Friday, 30 May, 2003 - 06:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I own a 1935 Thrupp and Maberly 20/25 RR sports salon (GAF70). On the center front left door post (the B pillar) is a diamond shaped metal tag with Thrupp and Maberly name and body model and serial number. The number does match the build sheet and other RR source books. This was covered by older paint job and we didn't find it until we repainted car. My car also has chromed brass Thrupp and Maberly coachbuilders plates on the left and right sides of the front door floor risers. RROC USA member.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: