Wraith workshop manual Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Wraith workshop manual « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gabriël Viljoen
Frequent User
Username: gabriel

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, 12 January, 2005 - 18:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good day

Does anyone know if a workshop manual is available on the Wraith and where I could obtain it.

Regards

Gabriel Viljoen

Robert Wort
Prolific User
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, 12 January, 2005 - 21:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Gabriel,
Is that a Wraith (Pre-War) or a Silver Wraith
(Post-War)? These two are very different Vehicles.
You might try the link on this site to the R-R.O.C (inc) of USA or the R-R.E.C. (UK) if you don't get any other responses from this forum (although I'm sure you will).
Failing that, try Ebay. You'd be amazed at what is on offer there (even a breakfast cereal resembling ET).
Good luck with your search. I'm sure you won't have too long to wait.

Nicholas Hall
Yet to post message
Username: nicholas

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, 12 February, 2005 - 15:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Gabriel. I am an owner of a '38 Wraith and have a photocopy of a photocopy of a workshop manual. I do not think it is the original one produced by RR but have been able to rebuild the engine and gearbox from it. Regards Nicholas

Gabriël Viljoen
Frequent User

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, 14 February, 2005 - 15:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nicholas

Could you contact me at gabriel@exceed.co.za.

I have not yet aquired the car, but when I decide to do so, I would very much like to have a copy of the manual. I hope we could come to some sort of an arrangement.

Best regards

Gabriel

Gabriël Viljoen
Prolific User

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, 03 October, 2005 - 16:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nicholas

Could you please e-mail me, I need to know something about your car.

Regards

Gabriel Viljoen
gabriel@exceed.co.za

Nicholas Hall
New User
Username: nicholas

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, 09 December, 2005 - 23:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Gabriel,
Sorry for the delay in responding. Have e-mailed you my details.
Regards
Nicholas

philipp Stettler
New User
Username: panschi

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, 09 November, 2006 - 05:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

HI Gabriel and Nicholas, i would be also interested into a copy of that workshopmanuel for the prewar Wraith, I'm also looking for prewar Wraith-Parts and for a Trupp & Maberly TE 1417 /4 door 4 light body, please contact me at: stettler.transports@bluewin.ch

Thanks in advanced, Philipp

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 181
Posted on Thursday, 09 November, 2006 - 07:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Have you looked through the

Australian RR Forums » Technical Library

This may be saved to your computer and/or printed.

Be sure to have plenty of paper to hand.

Jonas TRACHSEL
New User
Username: jonas_trachsel

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, 09 November, 2006 - 20:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Philipp

There has never been a workshop manual by Rolls-Royce for the 1938/39 Wraith except the "Service Instructions for Rolls-Royce Cars (Pre War)" that you either can buy in print from the Club Shop of the RREC at the Hunt House or download it from the RROC(A) Technical Library as suggested by whunter above.
These Service Instructions cover most pre war models and were issued after the 2nd World War to assist in re-commissioning the many cars that had been laid-up during the war. This is not a complete workshop manual, but about the only item available covering your car.
It is my experience, that the owners manual for pre-war cars is most helpful for servicing and running these cars, but is insufficient for a complete restoration or overhaul of major components.

Greetings from Switzerland to Switzerland via Australia
Jonas

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: