Photo-diary: 20/25 engine rebuild Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Photo-diary: 20/25 engine rebuild « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stephe Boddice
Experienced User
Username: stephe_boddice

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, 10 October, 2005 - 11:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It's happening again - why me?

For the entertainment of those members who enjoy seeing a poor soul suffer I have started another web diary of an engine rebuild. This time I am disembowelling and reconstituting the engine from 'The Honourable', my long-suffering 20/25.

Day-to-day progress, successes and cock-ups will be recorded for posterity. Hopefully, the information will act as a guide to some, a warning to others and a source of amusement for the remaining visitors.

The site address is shown below: dive inside and watch the nightmare unfold.

www.boddice.co.uk

SB

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 542
Posted on Monday, 10 October, 2005 - 11:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Stephe/

I could introduce you to a smart young lady who is very deft with whips and spikes wouldn't that be preferable? Good luck and sincerely many thanks for sharing with us all. I have known two mentally deformed owners who kept all their activities secret until the finished product emerged. Very helpful for other restorers.

Stephe Boddice
Experienced User

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, 11 October, 2005 - 10:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill,
Could you sneak her in without management finding out?
SB

Stephe Boddice
Frequent User

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, 23 October, 2007 - 01:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I can't believe that it is just over two years since the first post on this thread. Where did that time go?

The latest updates have just been made covering the final stages of the rebuild of GGA27. To see the latest pages go to: -
http://www.boddice.co.uk/boddice3c.html
and click on the thumbnails adjacent to the 2007 dates.

Click "Next page>>>" to advance without returning to the menu.

There is now a section showing the rebuild of the rear axle on Jonas Trachsel's GZU7. The text is in draft form, at the moment, but gives an interesting view of the innards of this rarely seen assembly.

For the whole show, including the rear axle, go to: -
http://www.boddice.co.uk/index0.htm
and take your pick.

SB

(Message edited by Stephe Boddice on 23 October 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: