Silver Dawn Restoration Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Silver Dawn Restoration « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Carr
Experienced User
Username: carsie

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, 07 April, 2017 - 18:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Apologies if you've already seen this but thought you might like to see this lovely Dawn

http://www.vintagerollsroycecars.com/galleries/rolls-royce-silver-dawn-the-restoration-process/

Silver Dawn Restoration

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1215
Posted on Friday, 07 April, 2017 - 18:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Another cheque book job!

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 565
Posted on Friday, 07 April, 2017 - 19:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If anyone has the courage to inquire the price for such a procedure, do pass that along. $200,000+?

The mention of electric power steering also piqued my curiosity as such would be a coveted improvement but unfortunately it requires chopping the original column. Still, I wonder the pricing. Someday....

christopher carnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.186.129.109
Posted on Friday, 07 April, 2017 - 20:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This guy Richard Biddulph, has almost single handedly led to the colossal rise in the prices that these cars are now being traded onto the European Continent.
Last year, 2016, in a television programme he bought a German car collection including a gem of an unmolested Bugatti, for 8 million Euros, and sold it to a consortium within 24 hours for 9.1 million Euros.
When a barn find R Type Continental languishing for 40 years, sold at Barons Auction in 2016 for almost £900,000.00, the future for "enthusiast" ownership is bleak. £500.000.00 for the S1 Continental is the norm now, and a drop head WoW!

(Message approved by david_gore)

Michael Carr
Experienced User
Username: carsie

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, 11 May, 2017 - 00:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many a year ago,circa 1982, I was in one of the less salubrious areas of Liverpool and was lost.

When turning the car around I noticed a warehouse side door open and inside what appeared to be an Rolls S1 - curiosity piqued, I parked up and wandered in (well..I was brave in those days lol!)

What greeted me was not one, but three, Silver Clouds being cut up and converted into 2 door DHC.

Frankly I was really interested in what they were doing, one was mounted on a jig, but before I could ask any serious questions I was rather aggressively told to "go fly" (I think that was the euphemism lol!)

Clearly I knew what was happening- it didn't look to be a "kosher" business but it did have me wondering as to why they were doing it; back then the Cloud was really low banger money.

Often makes me wonder how DHC many are on the Classic scene... "built in Speke"

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: