Hello John Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Hello John « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Wort
Prolific User
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 87
Posted on Tuesday, 01 February, 2005 - 21:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello John, So as not to confuse an already large thread with an unrelated topic, I thought I would answer your Question about my Silver Cloud 1 axle here. Actually, it was more than just my rear axle that broke but I think it was a culmination of events. Apparently my pinion bearing collapsed, forcing the pinion to sheer the crown wheel which then in turn siezed and the resultant catastrophic failure snapped the right axle at the differential (Oops! I'm forgetting my manners-Rear Transmission). This type of failure is extremely rare. I was just the unfortunate one that suffered it. Fortunately for me, it was the only major problem I had with the old girl and I enjoyed a relatively trouble free 19 years of motoring until the sad day that we had to part (Payment for a divorce settlement).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: