Which Grease Gun Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Small Horsepower » Which Grease Gun « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Theo Whitmont
New User
Username: old_mate

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, 07 September, 2020 - 06:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,

I have a few grease nipples under the Old Girl that were installed over time to supplement the original foot pumped lubricating system.

I see on Ebay and similar that they come with various levels of grunt - ranging from 4000 PSI up to 10,000 PSI. Most common seems to be 6000.

Any thoughts on which level of grunt will get the job done without being underpowered or too tough?

Below is the sort of thing I'm considering.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6000-PSI-Heavy-Duty-Grease-Gun-Anodized-Pistol-Grip-Aluminum-Industrial-Tool-AU-/163811841136

Please feel free to chime in - all advice gratefully received.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jonas TRACHSEL
Experienced User
Username: jonas_trachsel

Post Number: 183
Posted on Saturday, 26 September, 2020 - 16:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Theo
Your car does not need a grease gun, but an oil gun, if your 20/25 HP is a very early model, where not all moving parts are serviced with the central oiling system. There you should find Enots oiling nipples. Clearances are too tight for grease. Where the central oiling system has been replaced with grease nipples you should reinstall the oil lines and drip plugs as original. Look up your owners handbook where you will find a diagram of the oiling system with all the points that it should get to.
JoT

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: