1964 Silver Cloud 111 "Chinese Eye" 2... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » 1964 Silver Cloud 111 "Chinese Eye" 2 door coupe « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 718
Posted on Friday, 04 December, 2020 - 02:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I see that the Real Car Company have what looks like a lovely example of a Silver Cloud 111 "Chinese Eye" 2 door coupe arriving soon. One of you wealthier enthusiast members should snap it up unless Omar has already purchased it with the intention of sending me a surprise XMas present.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 2101
Posted on Friday, 04 December, 2020 - 05:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hahahaha Larry..........
If only ............for you and for me Larry.....
These are wonderful cars . When I lived in Texas there was one there that was going for $40,000 at the time. I thought it was hugely expensive..... now look at the prices.......
Shame I didn't have that kind of money at that time in my life.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 719
Posted on Friday, 04 December, 2020 - 06:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yep Omar, the price will probably be closer to £400,000 now. I take from your response that I won't be getting it for XMas. Oh well, happy Christmas anyway - you miserable git.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 2102
Posted on Saturday, 05 December, 2020 - 01:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hahahaaha My surname is Grinch don't you know?

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 723
Posted on Wednesday, 09 December, 2020 - 03:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The price is only £110K, I thought it would be considerably more.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3848
Posted on Wednesday, 09 December, 2020 - 06:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My intuition is twitching - does the car have problems requiring expensive repairs hence the price??????

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 724
Posted on Wednesday, 09 December, 2020 - 09:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David, The Real Car Company (who have a good reputation) describe the car as good, sound, driving beautifully, 78,000 miles thought genuine, long term ownership (40 years), not pristine but restored, fresh etc. Have a look at their site, they have plenty of photos and a video of the car being driven. My intuition is twitching too as it seems under-priced but the RR&B dealership would be regarded as reputable, get many repeat customers and have been around for a long time. I would like to see the underside but the exterior bodywork and interior upholstery etc look very nice.

Jeff Martin
Experienced User
Username: jeff_r_1

Post Number: 171
Posted on Wednesday, 09 December, 2020 - 15:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Never really liked that body style, maybe there are many others like me who feel the same.
Maybe that's why the price ???

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User

Post Number: 727
Posted on Thursday, 10 December, 2020 - 01:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've had a google trawl for SC Chinese Eye models previously advertised for sale and was surprised to find that they don't tend to be as expensive as I would had previously assumed. Maybe a convertible version would be a lot dearer. I know what you mean about the body style Jeff, I suppose beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, in my opinion it's so ugly that it becomes attractive in a strange way, it's a bit like having an ugly girlfriend - you can be reasonably confident that no other bloke is likely to run away with her.

Jeff Martin
Experienced User
Username: jeff_r_1

Post Number: 172
Posted on Thursday, 10 December, 2020 - 04:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry, ROFL !

Given a choice between the Cloud and one of the new BMW RR's, I would choose the Cloud hands down.
The new RR's look like a SUV on the front end, and I don't think I could ever learn to like it.
Plus, I would never pay up to 1/2 million $ on a car with chrome plated plastic knobs.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 2103
Posted on Thursday, 10 December, 2020 - 04:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Larry,
Yes indeed - ugly or fat. Fat is a good alternative to ugly.
I really like this model of Silver Cloud in any guise - but then again.... I also like fat chicks.....

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1157
Posted on Thursday, 10 December, 2020 - 09:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar it is great that cars and women come in all shapes Colours and performance, Keeps us all happy.

Richard.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3850
Posted on Thursday, 10 December, 2020 - 13:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard.....

Yes that is true until the cost of housing and maintaining them becomes a problem - the same as a treasured car.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 2104
Posted on Thursday, 10 December, 2020 - 14:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear David,
Any classic car costs a fraction of a fat chick to maintain. Those of you who like thin chicks may also have experienced the same....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: