Cant find the darn link Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Cant find the darn link « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Theo Whitmont
Yet to post message
Username: old_mate

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, 22 July, 2020 - 22:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi everyone,

during a recent midnight sift through this forum I stumbled on a thread with a link to a really interesting document with lots of great detail on suppliers and maintenance tips for older cars. The doc was loaded on Google Docs and I thought I was being clever to copy the link to myself for future use. Not so clever as somehow the copied link offends the download parameters and I get told 'access denied'.

Here is the link - Defective link removed by Moderator

The document was 70 pages long and it had quite a few references to businesses in England such as autovac.

Try as I might, I cannot for the life of me find the page again to access it and I am hoping some kind soul knows where to find the page or link again or has some clever way of helping me access it again.

Many thanks in advance.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2218
Posted on Thursday, 23 July, 2020 - 02:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Theo

It looks like you were accessing Brian Vogel's resource file. He regularly checks this forum so will hopefully reply with the latest link. The one I use is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61gLtsXt4oqZmQ2NmY5MDgtYWUxYy00ZGFlLWFhYTUtZTY2NDc0OGNlNzE1/view

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3069
Posted on Thursday, 23 July, 2020 - 04:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RR & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation

Geoff, your link is correct, but the one I've given above saves a step in that it should immediately cause a "Save" dialog for the resources file to open.

These both refer to the same Google Drive location, and it's been the one I've used for all the years since Verizon (my then ISP) pulled all storage.

I've never seen the URL in the format that you've presented, Theo. But you'll notice that the actual Google File ID, 0B61gLtsXt4oqZmQ2NmY5MDgtYWUxYy00ZGFlLWFhYTUtZTY2NDc0OGNlNzE1, is in the middle of that mish-mash, too! I have no idea of what any of the other stuff is.

Brian

Theo Whitmont
New User
Username: old_mate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, 23 July, 2020 - 13:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I cant thank you gents enough. Very much appreciate you taking the time to let me know. Brian - you have topped my covid reading-list for the weekend!!

Best wishes

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: