Make Your Telco Work For You Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Make Your Telco Work For You « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3609
Posted on Wednesday, 26 February, 2020 - 07:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

More musings from Vladimir:

"Some years back a total twit inside Australia's largest Telco, Telstra had a stroke of genius and thought it would a jolly good idea to move Telstra's call centre to the Philippines.

That was obviously a cheap stunt to deprive many Aussies of employment and take advantage of the slave type wages payable in the Philippines thereby maximising profits for Telstra.

The fact that such a move would divulge the personal details ie date of birth, driver's licence number, passport number, Medicare number, full name and address to the poorly paid citizens of one hell of a corrupt country whilst simultaneously annoying the hell out of Australians when they have to communicate with poverty stricken employees whose English is their second language after Tagalog and 18 other recognised dialects did not faze the senior management of Telstra one bit whose primary concern was PROFIT.

That aside having been to the Philippines twice I can state that without a shadow of a doubt the quality of service you get when purchasing stuff like electrical equipment or getting a new set of spectacles with an eye test at a large shopping centre is quite Rolls Royce. Buy a ghetto blaster portable CD player and the staff will remove it from the box and test all functions before you pay for it. Spectacles will be produced at a third of the Aussie price, eyesight test included, at a blistering 20 minutes compared to days or even weeks in Australia. Rude Filipino sales staff either don't exist or are mercilessly culled - it's all yes sir no sir.

If you get to Manilla check out the Mall of Asia - This shopping centre is hyper gigantic and could keep any Minister of WAR happy for a extremely long time, or even months.

All this yap aside I am very happy with Telstra at the moment because I am enjoying six months of unlimited Australia wide phone calls and 60 gig of data all valid for 6 months FREE.

I have completely forgotten the 5 hours of being on the phone to 3 female Filipinos from Telstra's Philippine Call Centre all who informed me most politely that my identification documents etc were invalid and that they could not connect my new Telstra phone number. "Do get your supervisor to call me on my old number I said" and he did and had he connected the new phone within 20 seconds.

Sadistically I had used my old phone to lodge an online complaint and thereafter commenced live chat with another female Filipino Telstra worker who apologised for the mess and frustration. Mustering all diplomatic ploys I informed her that her apologies were of zero value to me.

"SHOW ME THE MONEY!" I typed and she did.

Another neat side effect of Telstra's idiotic moving of its call centre to the Philippines is that a staggering amount of Australians would be venting their spleens at these poorly paid call staff in the Philippines and these call staff would be spreading the word that Aussies are a tad rude. Strange fast things happen to the rude in Manilla.

Naturally, I get around this Philippine/Australia problem by travelling on a Russian passport and speaking only Russian with a very thick Russian accent when using basic but broken English.

I really do look forward to my next Telstra fiasco....hmmmm Boracay Beach looks the go soon....

And if you ever go Manilla, Red Horse Beer is sold at Russian prices and is well worth the ride."

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: