Travels with my Rolls-Royce/Bentley Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Travels with my Rolls-Royce/Bentley « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3562
Posted on Sunday, 26 January, 2020 - 08:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have opened this new thread on request to allow forum members to document their travels with their vehicle[s] instead of documenting them in the Technical sections of the forum.

The honour of opening this topic goes to Graham Phillips and his Silver Shadow "Camilla".

Graham Phillips
Frequent User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 221
Posted on Saturday, 25 January, 2020 - 23:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,....

Well today I took Camilla for a drive to see how much better she is running since I have cleaned the dash-pots and ignition system.

I used to get 85-90mls per quarter tank of fuel,....

Now I am getting 100mls per quarter tank of fuel.

This is with the A/C running!

I expect to get another 50mls per tank of fuel without the A/C running.

My sister-Mother and my sisters BF drove to my mothers house to cheak it, then drove to my other sisters place for a BBQ then drove back to my place, from filling up about 30mls away from my house Camilla has done just over 300mls and used 3/4 of a tank of fuel.

Not bad at all,.....

I think I can still improve on this a little.

Anyway,...

How comfortable is the back of Camilla,...?

Everyone in the back was asleep in 30 mins.

On the way to my sisters place for the BBQ we go though 'Lake Bogga' this is where in WWII there was a base where pilots were trained to fly the Catalina PBY.

As you can see we have done 200mls and only used half a tank,....

On the way home from the BBQ we came across 2 young people who had rolled their 4x4,....

We stopped to see if we could help.

The guy was in shock and the girl was ok,.... we stayed until their friends showed up with the tow-truck. Surprisingly no injury's.

Graham.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 566
Posted on Sunday, 26 January, 2020 - 01:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Unfortunate what happened to the 4x4 occupants but thankfully they appeared to survive OK.

That's a positive result with fuel "economy" following servicing. Be careful if driving until the fuel gauge reads the empty line, on my car it's empty when the needle reaches the bottom line unlike many modern cars where there's still a gallon or two in the tank. You obviously managed to seal your coolant leak, did you manage to solder it with the rad in place?

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 1311
Posted on Monday, 27 January, 2020 - 00:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Graham,

I am jealous, it's winter here and no adventures here with salt on the roads.

Good on you for stopping, I'm sure those folks really appreciated someone being there.

If I get the chance I'll buy you a Smithwicks or some other form of civilized libation.

Keep the trip posts coming.

Graham Phillips
Frequent User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, 20 February, 2020 - 10:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,....

Well the other weekend (Saturday to be more precise) I took Camilla to the Ballan Vintage car and Tractor pull.

I parked right next to the Ballarat British car club.

They had mostly TR 6's and 7's,... a few Mini's etc,....

So Camilla drew quite some attention not being something I guess you'd see at a country fair,....

Sadly I forgot my Camera so no pic's to share.

But it was a fun day out and I got a LOT of positive comments about Camilla.

Graham.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: