The Hundredth Monkey Effect and Group... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » The Hundredth Monkey Effect and Grouping Events « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike Thompson
Prolific User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 1032
Posted on Sunday, 13 October, 2019 - 23:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So as I have said before I am working on a theory, the Theory Of Everything (TOE) in physics. It takes me down many weird roads. And one is The Hundredth Monkey Effect which is: a hypothetical phenomenon in which a new behaviour or idea is said to spread rapidly by unexplained means from one group to all related groups once a critical number of members of one group exhibit the new behaviour or acknowledge the new idea.

This theory started by an account that scientists were conducting a study of macaque monkeys on the Japanese island of Kôjima in 1952. These scientists observed that some of these monkeys learned to wash sweet potatoes, and gradually this new behaviour spread through the younger generation of monkeys in the usual fashion, through observation and repetition. The researchers observed that once a critical number of monkeys was reached, i.e., the hundredth monkey, this previously learned behaviour instantly spread across the water to monkeys on nearby islands. Who then began to wash sweet potatoes even though they were never exposed to seeing this behaviour before.

It is well known in physics (and other fields) that physicists will publish what they thought was their new idea at the same time as other physicists as if they read each other's minds. To me this is yet one more example of what I call grouping events or Conservation Of Calculation by prespace particles (prespace being the space here before our universe formed). (I made a comment on grouping events in Mike Thompson Posted on Friday, 19 July, 2019 - 00:59: Monty Python Behaviour - Visitors to Australia.)

This morning I found grouping event not only applies to monkeys and human and not only to our universe, but all universes. And that time is entangled (one system) that all universes that have ever been or will be are one system, entangled. This means that the Many World Interpretation will need to be redefined. That Dimensions are temporal events not spatial. This will turn the whole world of physics upside down if true. This would also mean that Rolls Royces have been made in the past uncountless years ago, but also will be made uncountless years in the future. In a way Rolls Royces will live forever, you Brits. And that we are merely players on the stage after all, playing this play over and over each night (a night that lasts uncoultless years).

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3488
Posted on Monday, 14 October, 2019 - 08:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike,

Very interesting observation and associated theory to explain the observation.

Now others will apply the traditional "tried and true Scientific Method" to see if your theory is valid or suggest modifications to make it valid.

In many ways, you think in similar ways to the late legendary Professor Stephen Hawking. As an applied scientist rather than theoretical, I have always regarding the following quotes of Professor Hawkings as being very prescient:

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."

and best of all:

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2170
Posted on Monday, 14 October, 2019 - 16:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Love the last quote David

Mike Thompson
Prolific User

Post Number: 1033
Posted on Tuesday, 15 October, 2019 - 10:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David is a storehouse of quotes. I got a giggle as well.

Mike Thompson
Prolific User

Post Number: 1039
Posted on Sunday, 20 October, 2019 - 15:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Professor Stephen Hawking like Einstein has been wrong on several occasions. One is well documented in "The Black Hole Wars" by Leonard Susskind (My Battle with Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics). This involved the conservation of information. Hawking said black holes eat the information and it never is conserved. Susskind (and the Dutch physicist Gerard 't Hooft) argued that information, even in a black hole, must be conserved. It took 10 years for them (Susskind) to figure out a fail proof way to prove Hawking wrong. That the holographic principle (specifically the AdS/CFT duality) demonstrates that Hawking's conclusion was incorrect, and that information is in fact preserved.

The model I am working on shows that due to entanglement all universes are the same, but allows evolution, therefore grouping events. This model came about because of the famous Double Slit experiment, and added to that the Delayed Choice quantum eraser experiment. These two experiments in combination show that the universe knows when you have done something that will effect the past in the future (Retrocausality). In other words if you were to make it so you would know the path of a particle, which is not allowed in quantum (due to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle), by duplicating the particle (in a beam splitter, in which the particles are entangled) and sending one particle down a path that sets up an interference pattern on a screen through the double slit, even one particle at a time (thus the particle interferes with itself going through both slits), and the other particle a little later, on a longer path, down a path that will know which slit the particle went through. What happens is the interference pattern disappears on the shorter path changing the past.

See for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORLN_KwAgs

This says the particle is not only entangled in space (as nonlocality) but in time as well, effecting the past. This also says that (since time is nonlocal as well) in a universe the beginning or end is one thing (a door with no space between two particles no matter where they are, nor when they are). This means at the beginning of the universe it is imbued with the past and future. The universe already was imbued you would look both ways even though you think everything is predestined. You cannot fool the universe because the act of trying was imbued into the universe at the beginning. This also means all universes are entangled to have a template to imbue upon our universe. This is the nature of grouping events in the conservation of calculation.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: