Can this be? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Can this be? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2702
Posted on Wednesday, 19 December, 2018 - 09:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I fail to believe that the adjective, "gay," is forbidden on these forums, as that's what I actually am. I have been told it flags.

Sexual orientation and sex are not the same things, and gay is not an epithet. Nor is it something that one should be ashamed of or that "cannot be mentioned" in polite company - at least not the polite company I know.

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2703
Posted on Wednesday, 19 December, 2018 - 09:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK, that settles the question.

I had to believe the information I was given was a mistake, and indeed it was.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, knowing that I can make reference to my own sexual orientation should it become a part of a natural conversation, as opposed to this test.

Brian

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3084
Posted on Wednesday, 19 December, 2018 - 19:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,

The R-R/B community is diverse and covers many widely different personal orientations.

Personally, I have no objection to the commonly used terms however I do strongly object to the use of derogatory language in regards to race, sexual orientation, beliefs and character.

RR Forums Administrator
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 106
Posted on Wednesday, 19 December, 2018 - 21:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The list of proscribed words cannot be listed because, well, they're proscribed. Suffice to say that they largely consist of George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can Never Say On Television", plus a few traditionally derogatory terms for our many gay comrades in the RR/B movement.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2705
Posted on Thursday, 20 December, 2018 - 03:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well, you have no disagreement from me that epithets and strong profanity (I allow for some of the more delicate stuff, even Angela Merkel used shitstorm) should not be permitted.

I had been incorrectly informed that the word "gay" was being flagged and not allowed to be posted. Had that been the case I would have raised the significant objections I would have had privately.

Since it's not the case . . .

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1766
Posted on Thursday, 20 December, 2018 - 03:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

all is well that ends well

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: