The quality of a privatised Telephone... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » The quality of a privatised Telephone Company « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 987
Posted on Wednesday, 27 June, 2018 - 21:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Telstra once the only and still the largest telephone company is just downright hopeless.

I can see the Telstra tower on the top of Mount Coolon from my front yard.

About 6 months ago the phone service was good - always 5 bars on the mobile.

Then something happened and the signal completely vanishes and you have no service.

On 11 June, 2018 I emailed Telstra requesting they fix what ever problem was causing the phone to drop out about 10 times a day. I got back an email from somebody who clearly does not understand English.

About 5 days ago I sent them another email requesting again that they fix the reception problem.

Today I spat it and called their complaints department. I got to speak to woman in Cebu Philippines. (Yes Telstra moved its call centres overseas so they could employ people on basically slave wages )

Now get this she told me that Telstra started working on the fault on 31 May 2018. That's almost two months ago! So Telstra, a billion dollar company has taken almost two months fix the problem but has failed to find the problem. This greedy Telephone company must be hiring rabbits to fix its hardware.

This company makes a huge multi million dollar profit every year.

Thus ergo privatization does not always lead to a quality product.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 814
Posted on Thursday, 28 June, 2018 - 14:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am surprised that they even admitted that there was a problem. I have generally found internet service providers to consistently pretend there is nothing wrong. It would be a pleasant surprise if they ever said "We are currently experiencing connection issues but are confident that the service will be restored imminently." Instead it is usually some drivel about they have no knowledge of any current services outages and to please check your equipment, connections, modem, etc.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: