More Camargue Craziness and this time... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » More Camargue Craziness and this time from Iraq « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 878
Posted on Thursday, 03 May, 2018 - 09:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh Dear, how nasty,,,,this morning I decided to round up international asking prices for Camargues.

Here they are in AUD:

USA 1976 $52,714
USA 1981 $78,732
UK 1980 $90,483
UK 1976 $51,498
Australia 1986 $169,900
Iraq 1985 $199,275

WTF?

Iraq Saddam Husseins car, in Iraq $199,295 !!!

Here is his sales yap "one of the few remaining in the world in its original condition"

Nice .......the car has been butchered and is missing parts the cost of which would be eye watering if you can find them which would be a shade away from bloody Mission Impossible.

Two things: First the car is in Iraq, a dangerous basket case of a place if there was ever one. Not the kind of joint where you would say to the missus and kiddies "Lets tool down to Iraq and check out the Camargue situatiion and have lunch at the a nice place in town" Er no.

Secondly, if there was ever a completely delusional tin pot dictator it was poor old Saddam who when from a situation where he had grand palaces, billions of USD and could have pulled a Beria everyday cruising around in a limo and saying "I'll have her, her and her for morning tea orgy" and raped the crap out of the lot of them knowing he would never have to front court for scalliwag behaviour. He set the record for lunacy by going from that scenario to a hole in the ground followed by a noose penniless in record time.

Jolly fool took on USA when it was headed by a Texan who warned him and had a bloody amarda parked off his shoreline.

Moral of the story is dont think you are Stalin unless you are Stalin.

So the fact that the car was once owned by a pure form of dickhead does not justify any substantial increase in price.

The present owner is obviously a champion woodduck hunter.

I say what what it will be jolly funny if a Russian businessman turns up at his door to find the car in its present condition because in Russia right now your nearest desperate professional hitman actively looking for work anywhere is closer than the post office.

His ad should read: $10,000 USD, butchered Camargue with desert sand included once owned by a stark raving looney dicator. Will throw in the freight to London for $5k extra!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1487
Posted on Friday, 04 May, 2018 - 06:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vlad,
The car is here in Dubai. Not in Iraq.
At one time I was considering buying it (not because of the previous owner but because it is a Camargue). Then they advised me of the unrealistic price. I lost interest immediately.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 887
Posted on Friday, 04 May, 2018 - 07:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well Omar its advertised on the net as being in Iraq so maybe the owner is delusional as to price and whereabouts hootnanny

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: