An easy way to afford more Rolls Royc... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » An easy way to afford more Rolls Royce parts on budget income « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 868
Posted on Thursday, 26 April, 2018 - 06:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Jettsetters I have indeed discovered an easy way to afford more Rolls Royce parts on a budget income.

Indeed when I arrived back in Australia from Russian Federation in early 2000 I used to drop a litre of vodka a day which is very expensive in OZ and very inexpensive in Russia. Indeed in Russia you really don't have to pay for vodka if you are Russian raised in another country because just about everybody will buy it for you just to hear about the outside.

Its now 2018 and I have two RR which need parts. Having been quite a heavy drinker for decades I found myself able to work a 40 hour week but when I got home to my outback property I would smash myself silly for the entire weekend and I should point out OZ is a bloody expensive place to get or remain smashed.

One 375ml bottle of beer at my pub a tennis ball throw away is $5. A six pack is $24.

Just an aside, if you ever get there the beer in Russia is a bloody beauty. It comes in half litre bottles, very extravagantly labeled in only 18, 11 and 8 percent in 2000 at 50c a bottle.

Yes so, I decided in the fog of drunkeness to see if I could stop the drinking of booze and increase the purchase of RR parts.

No need for me to attend the quite boring meetings of AA or to go into rehab.

Here is my formulae: I drank in one continuous pissup, 120 cans 375ml at plus 6 percent VB beers. Needless to say I was feeling quite Ozzie Osborne at the end of it and the desire to consume this overpriced drug had entirely vanished.

I went over to the pub for a coke a few times and after a few days my friendly female publican arrived at the conclusion that I had ceased hitting the grog.

To which she said " Now Vladimir I don't want to encourage your drinking but Donald (one of our many multimillionaire cattle station owners) does not like the bubbly wine Chocolate (a barmaid) has ordered for him so there is a full carton (12 bottles) of sparkingly bubbly wine you can have for nothing if you want."

"No thanks" I said "Liz my drug is not the booze or the weed, its bloody cars!"

My next step is to get off the bloody tobacco and I almost accomplished that too and will do so in the next few weeks. Coming off nicotine cold turkey is never a fun experience. However, a 50 gram packet of tobacco here is $73 as opposed to $3 in Thailand which shows that the Oz government is a truly thieving bugger whilst yapping furiously about the health risks of smoking and putting ghastly photos of cancer patients on the outside of the packets. Err where was the government when I first lit up at 10 years old having bought a packet from a service station myself? - oh yeah they did not know about the health dangers of smoking then - the hell they didn't.

And so chaps, the way to afford more parts for your Camargue and Spirit or whatever, it to hit the grog really hard and push yourself way past the power vomit point.

By the way I recently had my doctor check me out and he said "Whatever you are doing to your body, your body is handling it perfectly and you are in good shape."(Just what you could expect a mad South African biker doctor to say)

Hmmm, I thought, I have no recollection of Datford, but perhaps in some way I am related to Keith Richards!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1469
Posted on Friday, 27 April, 2018 - 02:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vlad,
you have kicked the two cheap habbits and totally ignored the most expensive of them all .....................chix!!!!!
Cant live with them..... cant live without them

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 183
Posted on Friday, 27 April, 2018 - 03:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, it is easy to kick the chix habit. Why last week I had a menage a trois ( I used BOTH hands)

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1471
Posted on Friday, 27 April, 2018 - 03:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OMG..................
Every man's dream..............

You Lucky Lufty lucky Man

Grand Master

Post Number: 869
Posted on Friday, 27 April, 2018 - 04:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I like female bodies but their minds.....Never mind their bloody minds because if you try to work them out you will go stark raving crazy.

Females have entirely different agendas and their can turn butt nasty in a microsecond for reasons you will never understand and probably they don't either.

Goats, now goats are much more sane than women but just look at a goat's eyes .....do their look sane to you?

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1472
Posted on Friday, 27 April, 2018 - 15:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

some women are "man friendly" and dont bite.

Grand Master

Post Number: 870
Posted on Friday, 27 April, 2018 - 16:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That is true Omar but in the west they are as rare as hens teeth.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: